Cop arrested after admitting he wasn't shot by “Hispanic Man,” but rather shot himself and lied

he has red eyes.

possessed by a Demon? call the exorcist!

Why? The police should at least try to rebuild trust.

Excellent questions. Maybe taking part in a shoot-out is some kind of award in gun-friendly police departments?

5 Likes

But not as intelligent.

1 Like

This can’t be repeated enough.

Recent research has shown that all the pedigree breeds of dogs - with all their variety of size, shape and color - are less genetically diverse than the population of “village dogs” around the world, which all look more or less the same. The relevance to human beings should be obvious, since the total variation of shape and color in the current human population is less than that of pedigree dogs.

Yet even the worst racist doesn’t write papers claiming that white cockapoos are racially and intellectually superior to brown ones, or that it is the manifest destiny of poodles to exterminate all other dog breeds in the interests of canine Lebensraum.

6 Likes

The human counterpart of this is that the vast majority of human genetic diversity (80 or 90% IIRC) is within Saharan African ‘black’ populations.

2 Likes

the poodle has a size of 63 cm! it’s not a pedigree dog according to FCI standards! it must not used for breeding!

not sure if dog breeders are a good example for your very important point

It’s more of a linear scale the way I understand it.
From Wikipedia (Distribution of variation)

Although modern Eurasians have small amounts of Neanderthal DNA, which sub-Saharan Africans do not.
So perhaps it’s some sort of literal Neanderthal rage that drives people like this.

Now now, people, HE might be Hispanic himself, so technically he could be telling the truth.

Of course he could’ve also claimed “I was shot by some idiotic moron” and be 100% truthful.

6 Likes

In eerily similar but much sadder news: Illinois police officer who triggered manhunt actually committed suicide. Just a hypothesis - is there something like a “hero complex” where people in dangerous jobs or positions of authority invent a crisis or situation because they feel inadequate e.g. because they’ve never been shot at? Just wondering if that’s actually a thing, if it might apply in these cases.

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

I’d be willing to bet their legal department budget isn’t up to that particular task. And even if it was, I’m sure the PD chief doesn’t want to open that particular box (which is likely labeled “Pandora’s–Do Not Touch”).

1 Like

What makes you think that H S Neanderthalensis was in any significant way different from H S Sapiens, other than a biologically undemonstrated racist nomenclature?

During the Mesolithic sapiens sapiens nearly went extinct (perhaps as low as 300 individuals). It may well be that they drove sapiens neanderthalensis to extinction; it may just be that the Neanderthals were unlucky in their habitat when the ice came, and become completely extinct. But in the absence of living specimens we can’t conclude that they were intellectually inferior to us. Women’s brains are on average smaller than men’s, and Neanderthal braincase sizes overlap ours.

A lot of what we believe we know about human prehistory is actually mediated through some very racist assumptions which do not get challenged nearly enough (though Scientific American has been doing a good job of it.)

1 Like

not sure if I understand your question. “my” poodle was too large and outside of the FCI norm, any offspring isn’t qualified as FCI pedigree poodle.

Guy, bad with gun, shoots bad guy with gun

3 Likes

I don’t recall making any assumptions about Neanderthals regarding their intelligence to ours, nor remember saying they were inferior. I’m also quite aware that their brains were likely bigger than ours. So are whales, and I’m pretty sure they’re not doing quantum equations.

But … but … those gun “enthusiasts” tell us that guns are safe when handled by a trained user - if a US cop, known to use every chance to go PEW PEW he gets, isn’t trained who is?

This seems kind of related:

There is “an overwhelming amount of evidence that Gliniewicz’s death was a carefully staged suicide,” Commander George Filenko of the Lake County Major Crime Task Force said at a news conference. He said the suicide was meant to cover up Lieutenant Gliniewicz’s years of stealing and laundering money from the Fox Lake Police Explorer program, as well as forging documents and signatures.

I’m sure this sound is reserved for lasers :smile:

2 Likes

Why, because they don’t have chalkboards?

I think you’ve explained your post. You wrote “the poodle was 63cm…” I now think you meant “my poodle was 63cm” which is very different.

Yes, my TT is too big for the breed standard. I see what you’re saying. But poodle breeders don’t generally want to exterminate spaniels to create Lebensraum for poodles, they just want silly standards of poodle “purity”.

You wrote “Neanderthal rage”, which I assumed meant you bought into the idea of Neanderthal “savagery”.

1 Like

Sorry that my post was unclear.

That’s just Russel’s Teapot.