Cop awaiting trial on rape charge arrested again and charged with another

Originally published at: Cop awaiting trial on rape charge arrested again and charged with another | Boing Boing

9 Likes

[sigh] Once again, say it with emphasis: “the whole orchard.”

26 Likes

…but Spokane P.D. isn’t the kind of place that cares to notice.

Most American PDs aren’t. Which is why, if he doesn’t get a prison sentence, he’ll be on the payroll of some other force in a small town or suburb in a few years.

17 Likes

22 Likes

The only way this is going to change is if the good cops start rejecting being part of the orchard and shame/report the crap cops out. No ‘thin blue line’ or union blanket protection. Weed out the bad ones and start repopulating with people who are decent and worthy. Pay better, screen better.

This isn’t the army; they shouldn’t have to settle for whomever volunteers. It should be a worthy job, attainable only to worthy people.

27 Likes

This bastard should spend the rest of its life behind bars.

8 Likes

Fuck that guy. (not literally)

4 Likes

Ok, justice system, do your worst. Make an example out of him, like all of my “stoic” forefathers would say.

2 Likes

This perversion of power is abhorrent, sub-human behavior. I hope justice is appropriate.

1 Like

In this case the worst thing the justice system could do is nothing. That would be thoroughly unjust.

So I suspect you’ll get your wish, full monkey’s paw style.

They need to stop getting fired and murdered for that to spread through the cop-American community.

In other words, Good Cops™ don’t stay cops for long.

But his union rep says he didn’t do anything wrong.

4 Likes

defunding - shifting funds to where they are actually needed - would be a great step.

right now there ( so far as i understand ) there are more cop jobs than wanna be cop people. decrease the number of jobs, and “forces” can become more picky in their hiring

3 Likes

Not just the orchard; the whole friggin’ farm [aka ‘the Prison Industial Complex’] needs to be plowed under.
Decertifying police unions would be a good start, as would setting up a national database of criminal cops. Disarming the cops would help discourage power-trippers from becoming cops in the first place, and so would de-militarizing them. Make 'em grow out their hair; no more skin-heads or buzz-cuts, for instance.
The glorification of cops in this country needs to stop, and the media is to blame for that. Look at all the cop shows on TV…

3 Likes

I’d say that’s not cop shows, per se. It’s how cop shows glorify cop violence.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.