Cop convicted of killing Daunte Wright gets a 2-year jail sentence, will be out in months

Originally published at: Cop convicted of killing Daunte Wright gets a 2-year jail sentence, will be out in months | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Faced with a minor inconvenience for the murder of an innocent POC is the new White privilege. What a scumbag ACAB.

33 Likes
12 Likes

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

“They were so tied up into her feelings and what’s going on with her,” Arbuey Wright said, referring to Potter, “that they forgot about my son being killed.”

Got it, white people have feelings that need to be protected.

Black people are unfeeling criminals who threaten white people.

Jesus, will the U.S. ever, EVER get out of its whitebread 1950s mindset?

28 Likes

Angry Mad GIF

20 Likes

Angry Going Under GIF by AGGROCRAB

17 Likes

Same as it ever fucking was.

27 Likes

I am so sick of this bullshit excuse. Same way the guy who murdered Oscar Grant walked away with a slap on the wrist.

Even if true (and I am a long, long way from taking it as a given that it is) a taser is a potentially lethal weapon that should never be used except in circumstances where a gun would be the only alternative. If you can’t justify use of a gun then you can’t justify use of a taser either.

29 Likes

This is why people, who don’t have blinders on, don’t trust the cops and the courts.

8 Likes

Khloe Kardashian Winner GIF by Bunim/Murray Productions

15 Likes
32 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

10 Likes

angry employee office destruction GIF

8 Likes

I hope every person she interacts with from here on out just refers her as “Taser”. Hopefully that will be her prison nickname.

2 Likes
2 Likes

As if that, by itself, wasn’t bad enough - also in America, right now:

(And that story is worse than it appears, too. She was essentially convicted of trying to re-register to vote using the document the state gave her that said she was eligible. The state decided they had actually made a mistake and charged her with, well, believing what they had previously told her.)

19 Likes

Sure, when TPTB are overthrown, along with most of the SCOTUS & other appointees of YKW.
I’m not talking about just politicians. I’m talking about those who pay for those politicians & write laws that benefit them.
They won’t willingly cede power, so they will have to be persuaded… somehow…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.