Cop knocks out teen for smoking cigarette

Agreed, but with the addendum that whereas the comic describes mythological creatures whose existence has been refuted, police brutality would fall under the category of denied events that have been proved.

1 Like

But donā€™t let it be a black and a white one

'cause they slam ya down to the street top

Black police showin out for the white cop

2 Likes

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Police may be hazardous to your health, especially if you have a history of non-white-ness.

6 Likes

Another specific example, in the near-endless stream of incidents, that result in me not caring at all when I hear about a cop getting killed shot dead in the fucking face while in a pre-dawn raid looking for an 1/8 of weed.

1 Like

Thank You For Not Smoking

2 Likes

Itā€™s driving my nuts. Cops kill two or three civilians each day, and taze or gas or beat how many more? Itā€™s disgraceful. And there is always someone ready to blame the victims, defend the cops, and/or threaten to shoot protesters.

Also, just today, I learned about a case of a Florida inmate beaten to death after complaining about an abusive guard, a teenager pepper sprayed after being mistaken for a burglar in his own home, and a passenger tazed in a traffic stop, where there was someone ready to say the victim should have thanked the police for not shooting him.

Also, if some people think itā€™s appropriate for the police to beat, gas, electrocute, or shoot people for not obeying orders, or for talking back, or for acting suspiciously, then, there are deaf people who canā€™t hear those orders and many more people, including myself, who canā€™t usually make sense of nonsense and orders, so they imply itā€™s appropriate for the police to beat, gas, electrocute, or shoot usā€¦

I read those statements and I think, if they donā€™t want me dead, these people would still gladly see me dead as part of their campaign for a more authoritarian America.

11 Likes

2.566666666666667/day killed in Septemberā€¦

4 Likes

Letā€™s go with the police service, a la Hot Fuzz.

Ok, but I feel like weā€™re seeing ā€œanother one bad appleā€ every week now. :\

1 Like

Everybody knows that one needs to crack a few eggs when preparing an omelette du justice.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this conversation happened with a flowerpot in the observation area of the neuro floor when young Mr . Hamer was admitted post-concussionā€¦

2 Likes

You might just have one of those there waste-disposaly barrels

1 Like

Yeah, but if they are just a few bad apples, then its not as if there are institutional issues that need taken care of. Itā€™s just one rogue cop. Every time. Each week. Across the country.

4 Likes

Every week? Every couple hours.

1 Like

Well, maybe itā€™s time to update that to ā€œone bad bushelā€.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.