Cop starts yelling "Gun!" during a car stop, until he realizes he's being filmed

Nah, his crime was DWB. None of that good ol’ boy stuff would have helped.

19 Likes

Yes right wing, “All lives matter” now with that can we stop with the open season of black people that cops seems to be getting away with?

9 Likes

My thought exactly. An amazing performance.

5 Likes

It is obvious the cop is asking him to turn off the engine of the vehicle so that he can use the movement of the victim’s arms as justification to shoot him.

5 Likes

That isn’t a firing position, it’s a ready position. There are many kinds, and while I am not familiar with that specific hold, it looks similar to a one handed CAR, Center Action Relock, which has the arms close into the body and the weapon tilted some. It is for when one needs to keep things close in. My point is it isn’t held that way just too look gangster.

His lack of training or bad training lies with how to treat people in a manner that doesn’t infringe on rights, such as when to pull and present.

4 Likes

Yeah, in these cop videos, I frequently see cops issuing contradictory orders (that make it either impossible or difficult to comply with both). In few, the cops end up shooting someone for failing to comply with one of them, so the fear by those interacting with the cops is totally warranted.

Well, either that, or one ends up dead by becoming “overly excited” around a cop.

9 Likes

In this scenario, if the officer truly feels threatened everything in that link applies, with the additional implication that he steps the heck back into isosceles stance while aiming. That he didn’t is telling in and of itself.

If you’re that close in to the degree that you have to hold it that way and you’re not in a very confined space, you’re basically either positioning yourself as an executioner or playing at being a “gangsta” or action movie hero with a live weapon. There are very few scenarios where someone might himself legitimately using this position, but this isn’t one of them and it’s rare that a competent and well-trained LEO will ever find himself in such a scenario.

23 Likes

My 11 y/o is learning the same way. When I was learning to cook my spouse (ex-chef) kept yelling at me when I was dicing with a 12’’ Wüsthof “pull your fingertips back and push forward with your knuckles!”. Almost lost a finger-tip before I learned.

13 Likes

I would be dead in an interaction like this. The cop is clearly baiting the guy into making a move where he can shoot him, but if the cop says “shut off the car,” I would just do it without thinking about it. How fucked up is it that the guy in this video has developed a set of survival skills that force him to analyze the motive behind seemingly simple interactions?

Also, did you notice how this cop says, “GUN!” and the other cops on the scene don’t even look up? That’s not normal.

35 Likes

The officer who is committing the criminal offense should be in prison. The rest should be fired as LEOs for not intervening. We now HAVE THIS SHIT ON CAMERA and noting is being done.

*spelling

14 Likes

Helena-West Helena police told WREG the convenience store’s parking lot was a hotbed of criminal activity.

Small town?

7 Likes

24 Likes

Yeah, I know. I don’t understand how juries fail to convict these guys for this stuff. Over and over again. If all these cops are so terrified for their lives all the time, why be cops?

21 Likes

When I was in a law enforcement Explorers post in high school we practiced high-risk traffic stops. The procedure was to instruct the driver to use his left had to turn off the car while keeping his right hand in sight. Even if the driver is left-handed, grabbing a gun and turning to shoot out of the driver’s side window would be extremely awkward. Officers are (or should be) taught to give extremely specific instructions like that to avoid this exact situation.

15 Likes

You don’t understand - he didn’t want to arrest this guy and bring him in only to let the pansy DA let him off because he “didn’t do anything illegal” or he “didn’t break the law”. This man is obviously black and therefore guilty and this guy just wanted to shoot him and go home and have hot sex.

16 Likes

pretty sure there’s a fleshlight in the patrol car.

8 Likes

How about explaining to the individual what they are being arrested or cited for. If a LEO stops me, my first question to them would be “what was I doing wrong”. Similar to this guy. If the LEO can’t respond in a calm matter, then there’s something wrong. I have white privilege so I’m not too worried about being shot, but LEOs need to act normal or be fired.

13 Likes

A jury verdict must be unanimous to convict. Round up any 12 people, and I guarantee one of those is crazy. And you don’t even need “crazy” to not convict a cop. You just need someone who thinks that cops are always the good guys. And there are a LOT of those people out there.

22 Likes

Unfortunately…

5 Likes

Cause they never get me on those juries. I am so ready to be called.

IMO it’s the police’s job to take the risk and not push it off onto the rest of us.

6 Likes