Footage shows Grand Rapids cop executing man with shot to back of head

Originally published at: Footage shows Grand Rapids cop executing man with shot to back of head | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I predict a disturbing number of racist bootlickers will insist that the officer did nothing wrong because in their sick worldview noncompliance constitutes a capital offense.

53 Likes

The only thing I can think of…
#TCIAB

4 Likes

Another double standard for cops.

If you grab their taser, they can shoot you dead because you having a taser is supposedly dangerous enough to warrant deadly force. If a cop were to taser you unlawfully, you wouldn’t be considered justified in shooting him to death.

15 Likes

When the individual is a minority or poor, escalate, escalate, escalate. Everyone knows non-compliance in harassing traffic stops is summary death sentence.

7 Likes

Footage wasn’t released until a day after police HQ called in for concrete barricades to prepare for siege. They knew it wasn’t going to be taken well. https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/barricade-goes-up-outside-grand-rapids-police-headquarters

Cops in riot gear were there to monitor a peaceful protest that lasted 4.5 hours today, that ended without any incident. Protest organizers were careful to keep everybody on track and not escalate the situation. https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/protesters-gather-in-downtown-grand-rapids-following-video-release-of-deadly-shooting-of-patrick-lyoya

26 Likes

Heaven forbid LEO allows a person to flee from a mundane traffic stop. Respect their authority, or else.

16 Likes

National citizen law enforcement review and mobile justice squad needed

1 Like

Extrajudicial execution in video format for all to see, the ACAB shut down his body cam then murdered the man.

Don’t ever think the ACAB’s wouldn’t do this to you, never trust these f’ing bastards.

26 Likes

WOW! This has to stop.

9 Likes

It’s time to stop calling it “paid leave.”

I prefer “misbehavin’ vacation.” Or maybe “murder break.”

18 Likes

Fucking hell.

No claims yet that the gun went off accidentally?

20 Likes

Calling this repulsive is an understatement, not even including that the officer effectively gets rewarded with paid leave (beat me to it @nappingbat). Defund the fucking police.

15 Likes
2 Likes

Michigan is nicknamed ‘militiagan’ for very good reason, but by all means, murder Black kids at traffic stops instead of busting the white supremist militias b/c they’re much more of a public safety threat. Uh huh. /s

17 Likes

Not really the main point since he, you know, murdered someone in cold blood, but… switching off a body cam should be an automatic prison sentence. Having any way for the officer TO switch it off, let alone allowing such behavior to go without extremely serious consequences, defeats the whole purpose. At least this cop was too stupid or shortsighted to think of a way to surreptitiously warn his fellow officers that he was about to execute someone, and, having no idea it was coming, they ended up catching it on their own cams.

18 Likes

Police Chief Eric Winstrom said the officer will not be identified publicly

Don’t worry, chief. The internet will do that soon enough.

18 Likes

I hate that I knew the victim was a black man just from reading the headline. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Grand Rapids markets itself as an ultra-safe community with things to and places to see, but every time negative news escapes that bubble, it’s obviously that safety is only for white people.

13 Likes

angry the hulk GIF

11 Likes

UNLESS?! There had damn well better be - and SOON.

11 Likes