Cop tases man for not being able to put his legs straight out and cross them at the same time

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/28/cop-tases-man-for-not-being-ab.html

7 Likes

But he’s not dead right? Progress. /s

13 Likes

Fucking pigs.

33 Likes

self-imposed municipal cashectomy

11 Likes

Only the thin blue line protects us from the thick black line…

4 Likes
17 Likes

Shocking. /s

(too soon?)

8 Likes

It’s starting to look like they enjoy being sued. Maybe it’s their way of giving back to the community.

16 Likes

He shot a sitting man in the back. What the hell?

14 Likes

Yeah, I’m usually someone who gives police a ton of leeway. This is crazy. That guy was not a threat, was compliant, and got tazed. Makes no sense.

7 Likes

they have taken that “leeway” and run with it…

13 Likes

America is a white supremacist police state. It isn’t that complicated.

Did you catch this one from a few weeks ago?

They force their victims to sit precisely because it renders them defenseless.

29 Likes

It was a mistake people. He thought he was grabbing his 9mm and accidentally grabbed the taser.

20 Likes

Fucking pigs being fucking pigs.

11 Likes

“Touch your left elbow with your left index finger! Now!” ZAP

7 Likes

Well, it’s not their money. (Nor the police department’s.)

Given how this has happened in the other direction, you know this must have happened at least once as well. I wonder if they ended up shooting the suspect anyways, or they couldn’t justify shooting the suspect, now subdued (and the suspect never knew how close they came to being executed).

I frequently see video of cops making demands of people as they’re being tased (i.e. have no control over their bodies), getting angry that the suspect isn’t complying (and exerting physical force and/or further taserings as a result). It’s perverse.

16 Likes

Can you clarify? Are you being sarcastic?

2 Likes

Seems sarcastic, but clarification would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Yes, the country is becoming a fascistic police state run by racists, but half the people that they beat, tase, or murder are (usually poor) whites. Get low enough in status and you’re not worthy of being treated as a human being no matter your color or your character.

8 Likes

It is almost never the police’s money but that of whatever government they work for. You know, the taxpayers.