Cop violently arrests and terrorizes a 15 year old Black quadruple amputee

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/15/pima-county-az.html

2 Likes

Can I get a unicorn chaser now?

18 Likes

So fucking tired of this shit.

40 Likes

History will rightly not be kind to our “civilization”.

38 Likes

Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: What do you call a victim of police violence with no arms and no legs?

A: Immanuel. Because that’s his name and he’s a human being who deserves to be treated with decency and respect instead of being treated as either a punching bag or a punchline.

67 Likes

1 (more) bad apple.

14 Likes

I’m going to pass on watching that. Thank you for the offer though.

40 Likes

In the rotten orchard.

Of course the even greater obscenity is that most cops will privately support this monster and harbor resentment that the public wants him held accountable. Their concept of right and wrong boils down to cop and not cop, with a secondary filter of white and not white. And a whole lotta wypipo agree, including certain Democratic presidential candidates one could name.

33 Likes

They f’ing sent the kids to juvie that same day? And the “internal investigation” for the jack-hole cops will take a couple of weeks? And the only reason there even is an “internal investigation” is because the video surfaced weeks after the incident?

FFS.

29 Likes

For fucks sake!
epc-facerub-facepalm

14 Likes

This might be the most atrocious thing Ive ever seen from a cop other than ourright murder.

Throw this fucking bastard (the cop) in jail right fucking now. End his fucking career forever. Im sick of this shit!

He has no arms or legs. How the hell would this ever be needed? Hell I’m white, with no record, and even I have been treated like shit by the police. Anarchy is preferable to police if this is what counts for police in the us!

25 Likes

Bet the cop was In Fear and the investigation will show he did nothing wrong

20 Likes

Defense: the officer felt threatened by the unarmed youth. Also, he was unlegged.

18 Likes

What gets me is not that the fascists are ok with cops doing this; that I expect. It’s that people who see this over and over again, and know that it’s wrong, still implicitly regard it as an aberration in an otherwise legitimate system that legitimately exercises power, rather than seeing that the system is working exactly as intended, and that changing that requires smashing the system that they derive their authority from first, not trying to make minor reforms working within that system.

22 Likes

Well well well, right down the road from ol’ Joe Arpaio. The cop in the vid could easily be one of JP’s turds that washed out through the sewer system. I’m just sayin’.

16 Likes

I really think the US should split into two countries. The differences seem irreconcilable, and I think partitioning is preferable to bloodshed.

11 Likes

Nothing says “I’m manly” better than beating up a quadruple amputee.

16 Likes

Check out “Rabbit eating watermelon” on UC. Just added, although it times 100 may still not do the job here, I’m sorry to say.

4 Likes

I’m so enraged by this that I don’t know if I can comment coherently. I’ve known someone in Immanuel’s situation and I can’t understand why the group home didn’t call in someone who…I dunno…has training in dealing with situations like this instead of a cop who clearly doesn’t know how to handle it. The cop needs to be charged with child abuse and the group home needs to be reviewed for their practices and their license, if that applies in AZ, needs to be reviewed. The young man is upset and knocks over a trash can. Call the cops!!! Really?

26 Likes

the cop, who was not named,

We have a way of fixing that, that piece of shit has a name and it will be known.

25 Likes