Cop who killed George Floyd arrested

9 Likes

TBH, murderously bad behavior by cops is a dog bites man story. I’d love to know the story behind Mrs. Chauvin’s decision to divorce him now.

Is her husband one of the 40%?

10 Likes

Say what? I had missed this

1 Like

Reported yesterday by NPR, The Guardian and others, but apparently the 17 years is inaccurate. Floyd had not worked there that long, although they were definitely coworkers.

2 Likes

So you’re a vigilante?
Sweet. What’s your costume?

5 Likes

It’s still not proven for sure, but evidence is mounting that Umbrella Man was indeed a cop:

At the least, I agree that this man’s whereabouts at that time need to be revealed, along with any bodycam footage.
6 Likes

In fact I write and illustrate superhero comics, so you are closer to home than you think.

But that’s all down the shitter now that my neighborhood is reduced to ash and curfew.

Update: ash, curfew, and humvees leading squads of dozens of heavily armed officers who shout threats at law-abiding home owners on what used to be quiet residential streets, as seen in the video below, where one of the cop-soldiers shoots either the camera person or the person adjacent with what must be a rubber bullet. The camera person is standing in the doorway of a house, presumably her own, at the time.

3 Likes

third degree murder? To that i say Bullshit. Second degree, and arrest any other officers on sight as accessories. And if somehow the fucker walks away with no jail time? I want him to have a felony conviction on his record haunting every job prospect he will ever have.

That was someone’s son, and we have options that don’t involve LITERALLY stepping on someone’s neck to make an arrest.

3 Likes

In a perfect world? First degree charges with accessory charges for the three other piglets who looked on. In a more perfect world, obviously, this never would have happened.

In this world, I’ll take the third degree charges, even though I agree they’re bullshit. I’m not going to be a complete pessimist and say he’ll get off scot free, but let’s just say my hopes are low because they’ve been conditioned to be low.

7 Likes

All true. With you.

Minneapolis native here. Plenty of good police officers in town, they were always there for me when I needed them a lot last summer (junkies on my lawn shooting up every day). Met a few, good guys, doing their jobs.

There is also a small but extremely hard core of Law-N-Order cops, Trumpers, black haters, cops of the Cops-Who-Actually-Get-Proudly-Photographed-With-Donald-Trump variety. Senior guys, hard asses. I find it very easy to imagine younger, good-hearted cops with consciences and ideals being very intimidated by the tough guys who run the shop.

Notably Minneapolis Police Union Chief Bob Kroll, who publicly derides the Minneapolis City Council for its “ultra-leftist agenda” (his words).

Below is photo of Bob Kroll addressing a Trump Rally. So much red! And look, he is wearing a T-shirt with the word “COPS” on it over the state of Minnesota all Red, White, and Blue.

Of course he has a legal right to do so.

What he lacks are the morals and ethics which stop good people from doing bad things like this.

Bob Kroll at Trump rally

6 Likes

Agree, and agree. I am giving the slim benefit of the doubt that these porkbags ‘only’ wanted to bully and terrorize rather than explicitly kill. So murder 2 with pleading out to avoid explicit jail time on the table if they admit guilt, have to perform community service in a very public face the cameras and be shamed way, and have felony charges stuck for the rest of their lives.

I am not feeling charitable.

Even my family, very deep in trump supporters, are WTFing at what happened. when even the deep red republicans are going ‘what the christ was that shit?’ It’s pretty major.

2 Likes

Troops in the streets of my beloved Minneapolis. Humvees and dozens of soldiers. We are an occupied state.

“Get inside! Get inside now! Get the hell the hell down let’s go! Light 'em up. Go inside now! Get in the house!” (actual quotes)

Gunfire, sharp cry of surprise,

“Oh, God that hurt” – camera person or other occupant of house – hit by rubber bullet?

Video dated “20 hours ago” as of this writing.

4 Likes

Well waddayaknow… look what I’ve found from four years back:

3 Likes

There is exactly one piece of evidence, a single image purporting to represent a series of text message. From the article:

Twitter user @GypsyEyedBeauty tweeted a series of screenshots allegedly from Pederson’s ex-wife, and the caption read, “Here are screenshots from his ex wife confirming this is him, along with his photo.”

I want to know as badly as anyone, but a composite image of alleged text messages begs the question: is this a deception to lay false blame.

The answer is simple: We need to hear it from the ex-wife.

Not really.

The existence of police agent provocateurs is already a well-established fact for anyone who’s had much experience with protests. Whether or not this particular case was a genuine example of that phenomenon really isn’t terribly important at this stage.

8 Likes

This task is critically important. That’s how I’m treating it, as should be obvious from my comments.

Right now there is a narrative that a particular cop did it, and this is the narrative history remembers if we do not prove otherwise.

This poisons the well. Cops are now more hated and distrusted than ever, and that outcome is catastrophe squared.

If it’s not a cop, that is even worse that if it is a cop, because it means we got played bad, or somehow played ourselves bad. If we can doxxed like this, what next?

I won’t look to you for help, as it’s not really important to you.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.