Cop who smashed 18-year-old woman's face on ground remains on regular duty

I have a small person around the house. They get tired, hungry, angry, they’re liable to take a swipe at me. If they do so, they’re in big trouble. So my job is to make sure they don’t take a swipe at me, and if they do, make sure it doesn’t connect.

Being a cop is a lot like being a parent. You can’t get angry at people when they are in your custody, you are responsible for their safety and well being. So, as a message to police everywhere, grow the fuck up and don’t let the kids hit you when they take a swipe at you. And if they do connect you don’t get to hit back.

31 Likes

But they only use those excuses if you’re the one who ends up hurt. If it is somehow the cop who gets injured, maimed or killed in their duties as a belligerent jackass, they are much less sympathetic.

5 Likes

Better to ride them, and ride them hard. Train them to a life of service. It is safer for everyone.

1 Like

please see above.

My educated guess is that he has been trained to deal with this situation professionally and then took the lazy cop short-cut option.

7 Likes

Who are they serving though? Mind you, I didn’t write who are they supposed to serve.

1 Like

It is kind of indirect. They serve the municipality. But the municipality serves its constituents. The reason why it’s indirect is because they suppose it allows them to get away with horrors like this.

1 Like

He is serving poorly if he is costing the municipality $500,000.

3 Likes

Earlier today, I was wondering what the circumstances were in which I would call the police. That list just gets shorter and shorter.

19 Likes

Which is sad. I was raised to trust the police, but now I would be more likely to avoid the police.

6 Likes

And the municipality would be serving poorly also, if they were assuming that taxpayer money is to be used to pay for government indiscretions.

1 Like

They’ve been making it hard to talk to your kids about who they should go to for help. At this point I’m recommending the fire department to them.

22 Likes

At least firefighters don’t have a long and growing documented history of killing people (although the profession itself is very attractive to arsonists, in the same way and for similar reasons for why the police are very attractive to murderous psychopaths)

9 Likes

Two things I always told my sons: 1) don’t join the military and 2) don’t become a cop. Especially my younger son who has anger management issues as it is.

7 Likes

So…paramedics?

3 Likes

This seems to be the modern version of “Don’t Take Your Guns to Town”.

1 Like

low paid?
they are better paid then most low paid people.
$52k average.

11 Likes

You are right, that’s pretty good money. Although I am not sure if it’s worth the risk, but that’s another story.

Wait, another one?

Somehow I was thinking of the beating and “suicide” of Sandra Bland. @#$%

3 Likes

that didn’t look like a bad kick really, which I guess was why he was able to react immediately with no apparent problems.

3 Likes