Cops are looking for this woman who threw a chair off a highrise balcony

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/11/cops-are-looking-for-this-woma.html

6 Likes

This story has a lot more information. https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/02/viral-video-shows-woman-throwing-chair-busy-toronto-highway-balcony/

5 Likes

And she would have gotten away with it if not for recording the act and essentially handing it to the cops?

20 Likes

When I was a 16-year old boy, we hid in a So Cal orange grove and threw oranges at passing cars. Stupid. Dangerous. But I was 16, and like most 16-year olds… I was an idiot.

When I was a 17-year old boy, I was in the car with my friends when we pulled into a Carl’s Jr. drive-thru and threw firecrackers through the window when the attendant opened the window. Stupider. Reckless. But, like most 17-year old boys, I was an idiot.

Also when I was 17, my friends and I made a Molotov cocktail and threw it out onto the street behind my friend’s house. Really stupid. Really dangerous. I was a fucking idiot.

7 Likes

Sorry! Someone seems to not be a fan of Letterkenny (which takes place in an eponymous fictional town located near Toronto and occasionally features upcountry gentlepeople who engage in behavior similar to that of the woman in this article).

4 Likes

Looks like a robot!

1 Like

Oh, the stupid things I did when I was 14 through 16. It’s a miracle I’m alive and never did a stint in juvie.

That said, most of the things I did would only have gotten me killed – nothing on this level of dumb.

Although my half-brother hung me out up an upper floor window of a building when I was 5 or 6.

(edit) Not saying that to excuse my later hooliganism; just that he could have ended up dropping me on someone. He was a dick.

I am. It’s a shame I missed your post. “Man, I love fishin’ in Quebec.”

8 Likes

Everyone loves fishing in Quebec!

4 Likes

Back in my college dormitory in 1996, which was 8 floors tall and had windows that easily opened up, they had a fine of $50 for any item thrown out a window. The kicker was if you threw out something like a beer bottle, and it broke, it was $50 for every piece of glass they could find. That didn’t keep one of my idiot friends from throwing out a few large cans of paint he found which then smashed on the walkway below, and would have easily killed someone had it hit them, or completely covered anyone close. Somehow he got away with that one. We’re also not friends anymore. That was a preview of many later bad life choices he made.

9 Likes

It almost looks like she’s wearing a mask; or perhaps heavy makeup. And a glove on her left hand. Can’t see her right hand at all in the photo.Definitely something odd looking about her though. I mean, aside from the throwing a chair off a balcony thing,

4 Likes

I am going to go out on a limb and say they should start with one Lisa Calderon.

7 Likes

The real criminal is whomever cut the video off before the chair hit the ground.

14 Likes

That said, they finally found the right use for…ahem…vertical video.

15 Likes

At least the chair didn’t have an occupant at the time of the incident.

10 Likes

Oh Grimes…and I thought dating Elon Musk showed poor judgment.

3 Likes

Did she ring the bell first?

3 Likes
3 Likes

image https://www.pinterest.com/pin/574631233679352833/

8 Likes

I really wonder what her motivation was though. Anger directed at the Air Bnb? Instagram influencer? Drunk? High?

6 Likes

Shakira? That you?