Cops brutally assault a High School band teacher for letting the band play

Originally published at: Cops brutally assault a High School band teacher for letting the band play | Boing Boing

6 Likes

When will these uppity band directors learn they can’t just go about playing music anytime they feel like it? There are rules you know…

(/sarcasm…hopefully obvious)

9 Likes

Why were police clearing the stands after a high school football game?

Because it was after sundown? :man_shrugging:

Assholes.

15 Likes

Those people are not police. That’s an occupying army.

11 Likes

“The players tried to take the field;
the marching band refused to yield.
Do you recall what was revealed
the day the music died?”

17 Likes

I’m stuck on my crossword, Six Down, 8 Letters, “All Cops Are…”

9 Likes

“criminal
and all the sinners saints
as heads is tails
just call me Lucifer
'cause I’m in need of some restraint”

8 Likes

I will just go ahead and assume (since it is after dark) that some Karen called in a noise complaint, and the ACABS ran with it.

2 Likes

I think this is an example of cops deciding to escalate, instead of trying to deescalate, a situation. The game was apparently at the home stadium of the other team. Both bands had apparently been playing all through the game, and kept going after the game. It’s probably a cross town rivalry. None of that is unusual. Then, it seems like the police had decided it had gone on too long after the game, and people weren’t leaving the stadium, so they decided to ask both bands to stop playing. The other band did, but Mims ordered his band to keep playing. In spite of what the post says, this is probably a lawful order. The stadium lights had even been turned off in order to try to get everyone to leave. For whatever reason, Mims decided to ignore that order. Hey, it’s the south, it’s high school football, people take this shit seriously, what else can you say? Now, here is where deescalation should come into play. I’m sure the school principal or other school officials were in the stadium still. Go get one of them, and tell them to go tell their band director to stop playing. Or find some parents, band boosters, teachers, whoever, and see if they can convince the band director that it’s time for everyone to go home. But no, these cops decided to treat a freakin band director as a Criminal™, pull the whole “Respect My Authoriteh” bullshit, escalate it further into a shouting match, and then tase the BadGuy™. ACAB.

ETA: I’m 100% sure that had the band director and a majority of the students been white, the cops would have taken the steps I suggested. Again, ACAB.

12 Likes

After he told them it was the last song and ~10 seconds before the song ended

The cop tasing him need to be fired
(I would say file assault charges, but being fired is unlikely for just a normal everday violent police assault)

9 Likes

Thanks for the additional info. Yeah, when they told him to stop, he clearly told them this was their last song. They should have just waited, let him finish. They did finish the song and stop, and then that’s when all hell broke loose, it looks like. All those cops should be fired. They won’t be, but they should be.

12 Likes

“He’s going to jail because I asked him to respect…(unintelligible). That was disrespectful to me.

Uh Uh Stop GIF by TERRELL

Here is your PRIMARY reason for the escalation. :point_up:

ETA: All Cops Are such whiny Bastards

14 Likes

I am again reminded that firing every cop in the US would only result in maybe as much as 5% wrongful dismissals.

NACAB… but close enough

4 Likes

Body armour, -zero- accountability, “Peace” officer licenses that are never revoked, suspended, five or more on one beatdowns, etc…

ACAB, FTP.

1 Like

But why call the police in the first place? In any non-police state, if a band refused to stop playing, the stadium officials would have tossed them the keys and told them “This has gone on too long. Lock up when you’re done, I’m going home”.

3 Likes

No one called the police. They were already there. It’s pretty common to have a police presence at high school football games. Don’t forget, schools even have “resource officers” who are cops assigned to the school. Hell, some schools, like Uvalde, even have their own police departments.

7 Likes

Yeah, well, in a non-police state that wouldn’t have been the case, I suppose

6 Likes

That will get no argument from me.

5 Likes

These are not police officers, these are neo-nazi gang members.

never forget that nazi eugenics has roots in american eugenics.

so while they might be nazis, they don’t need to be nazis to support american style white supremacy

2 Likes