Cops cancel "let us search your house for guns" program

You are confusing evil with stupid.

The DHS’ mission is to prevent people the government doesn’t like from getting on planes. Hassling some poor blameless pothead is entirely in character. The fallout is that potheads avoid flying or leave their pot at home: mission accomplished.

On the other hand, if you start a police program that’s explicitly intended to help Grandma drop the hammer on her gang-banging grandson, and instead you use it as a pretext to stitch up Grandma, then no other Grandma will ever use your program, and all your hard work goes down the drain. (Which it turns out it did anyway, but that’s beside the point.)

I’m also not really clear on why you felt the need to make personal attacks. I was going for reasoned debate, but now I have to call you a slack-jawed fuckwit or something just on principle.

2 Likes

Really? WTF?

Since my first reaction to the story was WTF? Really. What planet do you live on? Or can I have some of the same drugs so my world is as pleasant?

you are confusion evil with stupid

I don’t think I am, but in my opinion its completely beside the point since intentions don’t really enter into it. I believe that both the DHS and Department of Fish and Game started those programs with genuinely good intentions. But clearly there’s been some abuse introduce over time. And I believe that whoever formulated this gun search program means well, but I suspect it will be a shit show in practice.

I was going for reasoned debate,

Right, leading off with “this is a really dumb argument you’re making” is clearly all about reasoned debate.

I can’t tell if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with my comment.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.