Inept cops hold family at gunpoint thinking they robbed their own house

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/31/inept-cops-hold-family-at-gunp.html

9 Likes

So at no point did the police start to wonder why the burglars brought their 9-year-old daughter along for the crime?

61 Likes

My superb powers of deduction anticipated said family would be African American using only the scant information I gleaned from the headline. I disagree that the cops were “inept” though. They are rigorously adhering to the guidelines set forth in their training.

44 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Did the inept cops think he was a family-friendly burglar who brings a wife and four kids to crime scenes? Fools!

15 Likes

Because, you know, the dysfunction of the “urban” family.

20 Likes

That’s a completely different profile.

13 Likes

Officer Nofucksgiven makes it crystal clear for whom he actually works

13 Likes

“were pulled over after a neighbor reported seeing burglars at their house.”

So, the neighbor is sufficiently concerned about the house of a neighbor to call the cops, but can’t recognize that neighbor by sight? “I’m not sure if that family of burglars is the family that lives there, that I see practically every day. Better call the cops.”

32 Likes

Dave Chapelle actually has this as a bit in two stand up specials of his. Here’s the second time he did it, from his great Killin’ Them Softly standup

24 Likes

When the fuck are we going to fire racist asshole cops? Personally I think the police should be charged with false imprisonment here but that’s never going to happen.

10 Likes

I’d say move out of Gulfport but really I could see this happening just about anywhere in the US nowadays.

1 Like

We’ll fire them when a critical mass of people gets tired of their bullshit or otherwise becomes convinced that they’re doing a bad job.

Don’t hold your breath.

7 Likes

Ah, Mississippi cops. I’d say “don’t ever change” but of course they already don’t ever change.

18 Likes

Clearly the 9-year-old is the mastermind of this dastardly gang. Cops became their own cliche long ago.

6 Likes

I always bring my young child along on my larcenous trips. They can get behind TVs quickly to unplug all those cables!

Maybe the cops thought it was Bring Your Family To Work Day in the criminal underworld. They’re not so sure when it is anymore after shutting down backpage.

10 Likes

When white people can see racism.

29 Likes
10 Likes

And people wonder “why was Colin kneeling again?”

Yeah.

25 Likes

:musical_note:“You’ve got to pick a pocket or two!”:musical_note:

Mississippi Goddman

22 Likes