Out-of-control Texas cop pulls gun on children

[Read the post]

1 Like

“These children had it coming” in 4, 3, 2, 1…
“You should obey the authority” in 3, 2, 1…
“The officer felt threatened” in 2, 1…
“Boingboing hates cops!” in 1…

24 Likes

I’ll have to acknowledge that this certainly is amazing news. The white cop didn’t shoot any unarmed black kids? That is unusual.

21 Likes

He came awfully close. Maybe he should get some medals to go along with that paid vacation he is getting.

8 Likes

Don’t forget the America’s favorite MadLib motto…

The only thing that stops [children from having fun] is [police] with guns.

1 Like

The only thing that stops [the police] is [children from having fun] with guns.

Here, I fixed it for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

apparently, you can put anything you want in there as long as you don’t take away the “with guns”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Racist white woman assaults black child, secure in the knowledge that police will turn up and finish the job.

“I was disappointed my victim wasn’t summarily executed by the department’s loose cannon. His colleagues barely lifted a finger to stop him but he still couldn’t pull the trigger. What’s this country coming to!?”

19 Likes

What exactly was the point of that grass rolling maneuver? It looks like that cop has seen waaaay too many movies.

12 Likes

I told him that he should try rolling some grass to chill out, but we had a communications problem.

19 Likes

I seriously thought he was tweaking.

2 Likes

I’m just struck by how lucky the kid with the turquoise hat is that the cop didn’t shoot him. The other two cops rushed in to stop it just in time. The crazy cop was looking directly in the eyes of the kid, and it’s obvious that the kid is armed with nothing more than a ballcap, he is moving away from the cop, and poses no imminent threat whatsoever. The cop pulls his gun in rage.

The cop harangues the kids for running away despite his commands to stop and get on the ground. Gee, I wonder why they would run rather than comply.

12 Likes

Thanks, Founding Fathers and ambiguous phrasing.

9 Likes

It’s possible that it was a least-bad-option recovery from stumbling while running; but otherwise I’m inclined to go with the ‘thinks he’s Rambo, is actually a deeply undistinguished cop in a boring suburb; is this close to externalizing his contradictions with extreme prejudice on the next person who looks at him wrong’ hypothesis.

I’d float roid rage; but he doesn’t have the build for it.

3 Likes

maybe it’s roid rage but he’s just started and is really lazy?

9 Likes

Maybe (hemor)rhoid rage…

7 Likes

Who’s the fat ass in the denim shorts? Some rage-cop, reserve deputy wanna be?

2 Likes

I think he tripped on roots or sidewalk.

As will likely prove irrelevant, because cop, that guy’s actions appear to be an attempt to traverse Title 5 Chapter 22 of the Texas Penal Code as quickly as possible.

(While also acting so as to clearly demonstrate that he is in no plausible danger: if you are facing a crowd that seems ugly enough that you’d be justified in pulling a gun on it, you don’t walk right into the middle, where your rear and flanks are exposed and you have no chance of avoiding being rushed and taken down).

3 Likes

or his engorged sense of authority.