Inept cops hold family at gunpoint thinking they robbed their own house

Hyper-empowered racist cops hold family at gunpoint thinking they robbed their own house
ftfy

The keystone kops are inept. This is standard procedure. The supervisor said as much when they tried to complain. Expect to be randomly confronted with direct violence without warning “until we know you’re not the bad guys”. The only justification needed is “our guys need to feel safe.”

14 Likes

Duh. Haven’t you seen Oceans 11 or other caper movie? Limber 9 year olds are great for getting through air ducts and their weight makes them easier to suspend from the ceiling.

Also - so did they find the real burglers, or did the neighbors see the owners and call?

3 Likes

But why should they move? Throw the fuckin cops out of town makes more sense to me. Goddam knuckle draggers

8 Likes

I couldn’t watch the whole clip because it was making me intensely anxious, but the police’s premise was that we assume everyone is guilty until we randomly decide they are not. And our use of force is justified until we make that call. To me this seems like a clear violation of the very foundation of US law. I don’t understand why they aren’t instantly fired.

12 Likes

I suspect that this will be considered a reason to promote the officers involved.

Actually I think it’s “we assume everyone is armed”. Sadly, a reasonable assumption in the good ole South of the USA. It’s this combined with the racism and stupidity that makes the police so toxic.

2 Likes

Where I live they get the name and contact information of the person who makes the call. If this happened to me, I would want to know which neighbor thought my family was a group of thieves.

3 Likes

Really?

https://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/kkk-has-infiltrated-us-police-departments-decades

13 Likes

That the worst for the offending officer, 6 month paid leave while they investigate the situation. Oh and Hey! It’s hunting season.

3 Likes

everyone knows 9 year old black girls are basically 18, come on! /s

5 Likes

Do you even race bait bro?

Until you respect their authority, the police are trained. TRAINED. To disrespect your dignity*.

*-unless you are clearly white and possibly wealthy/ powerful, in which case, for example, you can ask the police to break into a car for you, without ever showing ID, and they will (first hand knowledge there, several times) and they won’t even search it! Good thing it was always my car, but several departments have not asked me to prove it. (I used to lock my keys in this one car, all the time)

5 Likes

It’s feathered out during the psych recruitment interview. Plus references. The TRAINING reinforces the proclivity.

3 Likes

Where were the good guys with guns? I thought the reason for all the guns are 1) protect against home invasions and 2) stop the tyrannical big government from terrorizing you.

3 Likes

I don’t regularly contemplate violent revolution, but even I can tell when shooting back isn’t going to work. If the police are sufficiently popular, then shooting them makes you an Enemy of the People, which invites killer blowback. The rest of the populace will cheer as the police mass their forces and crush you like a bug, and your death won’t even inspire further uprising. Game over, man.

3 Likes

them burglars be sneaky, to look innocent they bring entire families along…

1 Like

I was always under the impression there was a “right to remain silent” not an order to shut the fuck up, but admittedly I may have been misled by american movies and tv series into thinking so.

2 Likes

Umm… We recently had a valid arrest where the father did break into the bank and his wife and their 12 year old son waited outside.

8 Likes

they’ve got to be carefully taught

4 Likes

To be fair, they are black. You know they burgle in family packs, right?

1 Like