Inept cops hold family at gunpoint thinking they robbed their own house

Our only hope is Facebook. Racist cops have actually been fired for posting white supremacist diatribes or jokes on Facebook. But almost none have been fired for harassing or killing black people.

So we just need to make sure racist cops have Facebook accounts and encourage them to post often, I guess? Cuz nothing else is making a dent in this shit.

4 Likes

Take your daughter to work day?

1 Like

I have an idea…

Why don’t we kill two birds with one stone by putting cops and sexual predators in prison together?

1 Like

How about no. Prison is a lawful punishment for serious crime, prison rape is not.

8 Likes

This whole thing is abhorrent but why is it apparently acceptable for a cop to say “Shut the fuck up” to anyone, let alone a 9-year-old?

6 Likes

The American federal prison system (which is exactly as legal as color-line chattel slavery was before 1865) is a purposeful engine of psychological torture and destruction, that is not designed to rehabilitate. It is understood and intended to include sexual mistreatment of inmates.

In the 1980s, Democratic Party leaders argued that rehabilitation oriented imprisonment was evil, and former Democrats who had left the party because it was no longer racist and authoritarian enough for them (Strom Thurmond, Ronald Reagan, Jesse Helms, etc.) gleefully jumped aboard the punishment bandwagon Ted Kennedy was driving. It is literally coded into federal law (I have posted the relevant snippets before, can’t find 'em right now) that imprisonment is an engine of punishment and revenge, not a tool for rehabilitation of law-breakers.

I think it’s important that we all understand that if we advocate sentencing another person to an American federal prison, we are specifically advocating sexual abuse of that person. In my opinion it would be disingenuous, if not outright dishonest, to pretend otherwise.

6 Likes

Further evidenced by Trump bringing his kids to the White House with him.

3 Likes

I see it. I complain about it almost daily thanks to the internets. Society largely sees/defines me as white person. I’m not holding my breath about any changes. Or do you mean “all white people”? Still not sure that would matter.

1 Like

Well if that’s the case then we’re fucked.

I mean most white people. I’m white, sometimes I miss it, but I do try to notice it and add my voice against it when I do, so obviously I didn’t mean every white person. But “I don’t see race” is a serious problem in America because whether those who say that mean it or not, what they’re really saying is they don’t see racism.

#NotAllWhitePeople (sigh)

4 Likes

I’m with you in this sentiment, except I do tend to think #allwhytpipo (or #allmen, in regards to patriarchy, and I include myself in these groupings) because at the end of the day, results matter, and white supremacy is still the order of things. Best intentions and all that.

True John Browns are few and far between.

4 Likes

Yes, systemic racism thrives because it’s systematically ignored by people who find the very concept too uncomfortable to confront, and that unfortunately includes a very large chunk of well-intentioned white people. When they understand that it isn’t just about their personal beliefs about people of color but about how they react to racism such as police racism, we’ll start to see some change. Racists in general and cops in particular hide behind an unwillingness to see and confront the reality of racism in America.

5 Likes

I’ve read boing boing for years, and finally I made a username and password for this site just so I could comment my disgust for how the police conducted themselves. My God this is a terrible display of public services. God bless that man for remaining calm while speaking to that inept lunatic of a police officer that has a tax payer funded salary for having no useful skills, and being terrible at his job.

3 Likes

that’s a really sharp observation. thank you for sharing that.

Come. Back. Often.

Your people need you.

1 Like

True, and they must be popular as I’ve been seeing their gang colors everywhere lately. White, with Black and Blue.

1 Like

I hate that blue-striped flag. Why do they need their own special Stars and Stripes, anyway?

2 Likes

Crips, Bloods, MS13, The Warriors… all have their gang signs.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.