Cops slash dozens of car tires, then lie about why they did it

Memphis, OTOH…

16 Likes

There were tanks in Detroit in '67 too.

10 Likes

I was going to say, my parents had tanks roll by when they were working for Detroit Parks & Rec back in the day.

8 Likes

@_@ Scary AF!

My mom saw the tanks on Mack Ave on the lower east side and freaked, too. :frowning:

8 Likes

My apologies, I looked at the cop in the middle of the frame and saw the tear gas shells on the gun stock and didn’t thoroughly check out the other ‘officer’. These guys were just waiting to pull out their toys. There is zero justification for carrying a silenced weapon in a crowd control situation. American police are so screwed up!

6 Likes

I see APCs (armored personnel carriers) in those photos, not tanks, which aren’t really suited for urban conflict. APCs dominate.

1 Like

Does it look like a tank? Does it smell like a tank? Does it sound like a tank? Does it suppress democracy like a tank? Then it’s a tank.

See also: teargas/pepper gas; batons/clubs; “rubber bullets”/bullets; strangulation/hypoxia, etc.

14 Likes

I see what you did there

5 Likes

id like to convince all players of videogames to please cease and desist in this senseless abuse of nomenclature.

if it doesn’t fit the original dictionary description, it’s got to go.

#notalltanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.