Copyright trolls claim public domain footage of Apollo moon landing on YouTube

Originally published at: Copyright trolls claim public domain footage of Apollo moon landing on YouTube | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Good to see Fran getting support on this site.

19 Likes

YouTube is just not fit for anything important. Treat it as an ephemeral money-making endpoint for Content and don’t do anything there that you’d be disappointed or troubled to see disappear.

I guess there will always be someone opening boxes. So… yay, I guess?

4 Likes

Fran ought to be a national treasure. My daughter and I regularly sing her intro “Hello, it’s Fran~ from the Lab~”

11 Likes

The problem with copyright on YouTube is that, like all social media platforms, the business model is to get users to provide content for free, which you monetize with ads, and spend the minimum you can get away with curating it for any issues.

3 Likes

Google’s neglect and mismanagement of their property is impressive. What’s the fix? No one seems to know.

2 Likes

The Kubrick estate is pretty intense about copyright

(I kid I kid plus I find that theory to be stupid anyways)

YouTube is just not fit for anything important. Treat it as an ephemeral money-making endpoint for Content and don’t do anything there that you’d be disappointed or troubled to see disappear.

I have been saying this for years and keep getting shouted down.

Sorry, I sampled all the possible box-opening sounds in existence for my new album so now all past, current, and future unboxing video funds go to me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.