Coronavirus: 12 deaths in US, 200+ cases confirmed by CDC

No, I think the US federal and state governments should have started a whole lot fucking earlier focusing on preparing with test kits and production of other things a society in this situation requires, and instead we got the assbag in the Oval Office downplaying the threat. And that makes me goddamn livid.

Not my point. My point is that the ability to track and contain the epidemic before it becomes a pandemic was botched by a health care system badly unprepared. And let me be crystal clear. I don’t blame medical care providers at all - on the contrary, they’re the only one’s in any position of authority who seemed to take this seriously - I blame the inept policy makers and those directing the resources within the American health care system. They dicked around and now it’s costing lives and will almost certainly cost a whole lot more people their lives, people who deserved better leadership.

To quote another commenter in another thread (adding a sarcasm notice because better safe than sorry)…

4 Likes