Coronavirus from China has made its way to the US

Mississippi could stand to have a less toxic flag…

1 Like

Forget the hospital. I elbow any elevator button if possible, and try not to touch any doorhandles with my bare hands in any public space.

You don’t know who’s carrying what, or what they touched last.

2 Likes

More to come, for sure.

"The patient, a woman in her 60s and a Chicago resident, had traveled to Wuhan, China, in December. She was admitted to the hospital and is in stable condition, according to Illinois health officials. "

Speaks to the latency period, unfortunately

4 Likes

Does anyboby know how communication from government to the population related to the Coronavirus is handled in China? Do the use an emergency notification system (www.rapidreach.com) or do they just expect people to update them self?

The government controls all radio and television channels. Police officers, public health officials and local Communist Party officials, etc, can go door to door. (Even villages have a Party committee.) I’d be surprised if they can’t send messages to every mobile phone or every Weibo user’s timeline.

I’ve been meaning to make an emergency kit. I don’t have much food but I have bottled water stocked up + cash in case card networks went down because I was watching too much mr robot. Any other suggestions to keep around?

1 Like

Sanitary wipes, edible thc, am/fm radio, paper back books, a good knife.

2 Likes

It’s a little dated, there are no antiviral treatments for coronavirus and any thoughts about prolonged solo survival are more fiction than fact, but this is a reasonable guide to start for the short term emergency:

3 Likes

Did you look through my bathroom cabinet?

1 Like

I know you told me not to, but you know I like to break the rules.

2 Likes

Because it’s that kind of week…

3 Likes

And @anon2148050 a good supply of a variety of good quality batteries, and perhaps radios/flashlights that can be powered in other ways (ones that crank, maybe). Dried foods?

3 Likes

Easiest thought process is, what would you lack if you cant get to the store for 7 days? 10 days? 2 weeks? What if the power goes out? Cover that and you are good (as good as you can be anyway) regardless of stressor, be it storm, earthquake or plague. And yeah, batteries are always a good idea!

4 Likes

These exist, could be handy for all sorts of things.
https://m-uk.gearbest.com/other-camping-gadgets/pp_425046.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=14752948&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuriFk-Sf5wIVSrDtCh0amw9fEAQYAiABEgLfjfD_BwE

It’s a hand-crank for USB charging. Stupid link.

20180102091828_81278.JPG

6 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.