Corpse discovered inside Stegosaurus statue in Spain

Originally published at: Corpse discovered inside Stegosaurus statue in Spain | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I think we are going to see a mini boom of various mystery shows using this as a plot device in a few years…

4 Likes

Oh no! Was it Ace!?!?

tenor

8 Likes

I looked at photos in several different news reports and haven’t seen where an opening is that would be large enough for a person to get in. The mouth definitely looks too small. Was there a gaping hole in the side that just can’t be seen from the camera POV?

cisdino

6 Likes

I’d say he was up for a Darwin Award, but that would be crass & unfeeling.

1 Like

WTF? it’s papier mache? i mean, we’ve all made volcanoes for school. dude could have chewed his way out in time.

2 Likes

I thought from the headline this was going to be about a mysterious feud involving the sculptor, in which he killed an enemy and sealed them up inside the dinosaur statue, and the body was found decades later by a rogue detective following up a hunch on a cold case.

The phone story is just sad.

9 Likes

I read somewhere that there was a hole in the belly that he climbed up in and fell upside down into one of the hind legs. shudders.

2 Likes

This sounds something right out of a pulp story.

“The Dinosaur Murders”

I never realized quite how much Catalan was like someone put Spanish and French into a blender until I saw this tweet.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the position he was found in. Which makes me genuinely puzzled as to the purpose of the cherry-picker in the video.

I’m sure the Creation museum would use this headline as evidence that man and dinosaur co-existed.

2 Likes

Even after extinction the adult Stegosaurus can be lethal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.