First preserved dinosaur butthole is 'perfect' and 'unique,' paleontologist says

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/20/first-preserved-dinosaur-butthole-is-perfect-and-unique-paleontologist-says.html

2 Likes

Notsaurus.

5 Likes

Chuck Tingle book soon to follow.

18 Likes

A truly historic boot-ay.

It cannot be coincidence that a science story about a giant preserved asshole comes out today, could it? If so, best coincidence of all time!

23 Likes

“…researchers could see the remnants of two small bulges by its ‘back door,’ which might have housed musky scent glands…”

With this story and the one about the beaver glands I’m thinking someone at boingboing has a google alert set up for “anal glands” which, of course, is what I expect from the site that brings me things of interest on the daily.

6 Likes

Some say love, it is a perfectly preserved dinosaur butthole…

2 Likes

14 Likes

That’s no way to talk about Mitch McConnell. He is neither perfect nor unique.

9 Likes

Every person who ever showed their butthole to a paleontologist is catching an awful lot of shade right now.

4 Likes

My friends and I are laying bets on how long until a flesh light gets modeled on this.

4 Likes

The fossilized annals of history

5 Likes

Trump, in his later years, was widely known as a fossilized anus.

5 Likes

Is anyone else scrambling to secure the url dinosaurbutthole.com ?
…no? just me?

fine

2 Likes

My thought too (shared with umpteen other people). “First preserved dinosaur butthole”? Someone tell this paleontologist about the US Senate.

3 Likes

Mr. Rogers It's what we do with what we have

1 Like

It’s spelled with one ‘n’. :innocent:

3 Likes

I am seriously disappointed in you, pedants of BB!

18 posts in, and nobody has commented that technically a cloaca is not a “butthole” as it also contains urinary and reproductive tract openings?

Sheesh, if I can’t expect high quality butthole pedantry from BB, I’m just going to have to go to that other site featured previously in a post here (you know the one).

7 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

5 Likes

I think Bad Dragon* might have you covered in that respect.

(No link because SO VERY NSFW)

3 Likes

So, an all purpose butthole… :thinking:

6 Likes