Corrections, typos, grammar flubs and errors

Would it help if we @ mentioned you, or the original author, or both?

Both is good, but @me or @falcor for sure

@beschizza The article says that the $330 config is the fully loaded version, presumably that includes the SSD, no?

1 Like

@noahdjango I think you mean “sticking”.

https://twitter.com/StealthMountain

1 Like

1 Like

the Mutter article seems to repeat like it was pasted twice: Dr. Mütter's Marvels: intrigue and innovation at the dawn of modern medicine

2 Likes

Ridiculously massive TiVo - Boing Boing
Should be
24TB recording capacity rather than 2TB
@pesco
@beschizza

1 Like

The article above is unattributed - was it posted by Maggie, etc? I can’t see who authored it

@codinghorror
@beschizza

Odd! Probably a mistake. I’ll find out who posted it, and fix it.

speaking of Maggie, is she on maternity leave or what’s up? when’s she coming back? BBs not the same without the full team.

AFAIK, Maggie left BB. She’s now a Nieman-Berkman Fellow at Harvard University.

She’s writing an email newsletter once a week…

http://maggiekb.us8.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6d32b85afe89d936dcc221ab8&id=45a09e9d38

For nine months, Maggie will go to classes at Harvard and MIT, attend lectures, visit museums and archives, and meet fascinating people. Each week, she’ll bring you three really awesome things from that experience. It might be a photograph and information about a museum object; a video of a laboratory tour; a short interview with a ground-breaking scholar; or a fact that will give you something new to think about. Whatever Maggie turns up each week, if you’re in the Fellowship, you’ll see it. If you aren’t, you’ll miss out. Maggie won’t be writing or posting anywhere else those nine months.

Edit: should add: I think Maggie’s leaving is a real bummer, because what she wrote was probably my favourite stuff here. Much like Brandon’s was until he left, too (anyone know how he’s doing?).

5 Likes

I had to edit this post so search has a fighting chance at finding it.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I think it ought to be stickied, but proper spelling is a good start.

She’s still on the About page - http://boingboing.net/about

Maggie Koerth-Baker is the science editor at BoingBoing.net. From August 2014-May 2015, she will be a Nieman-Berkman Fellow at Harvard University. You can follow Maggie’s adventures in the Ivory Tower by subscribing to The Fellowship of Three Things newsletter.

I read that as she’s on sabbatical. The newsletter is good stuff!

Something accidentally the title.

@xeni just blank-posted

the Five Tribes post by the guest author has almost the whole text repeated twice.

also, I have to use the term “guest author” because there are NEVER ANY FUCKING BYLINES when viewing from the BBS.

3 Likes

Post title redacted?

Blank BBS posts happen a lot, sometimes our system posthumously adds the title back and sometimes we have to just go write it by hand.

Sorry.

1 Like

hey man, that one didn’t bother me, I was just reporting it. the byline thing, on the other hand, drives me to distraction.