Cory Doctorow interviewed about cyberpunk and surveillance capitalissm in The New Yorker

Originally published at: Cory Doctorow interviewed about cyberpunk and surveillance capitalissm in The New Yorker | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Obligs:

34 Likes

Our Boing Boing partner

Former?

1 Like

He’s not a former BB partner. He is one.

10 Likes

Cory Doctorow still owns part of BoingBoing, even though he no longer associates himself publicly with BoingBoing

4 Likes

I see. Hence my confusion, when BB publicly associated itself with him. I stand corrected. (Also by @orenwolf)

3 Likes

Did I miss the memo on why he no longer posts here? Prefers to promote his own blog and not split audiences? Tired of pedantic commenters?

3 Likes

No sir, you did not.

I assume it’s none of my business

7 Likes

Obligs

3 Likes

You’re missed!

And I hope you get released soon. :wink:

6 Likes

I too miss the days when he had several posts a day on BB. Good stuff. The EFF is important work. Writing books is much difficult any way you slice it and the author empowering stance I perceive him fighting for is honorable. I suggest reading his books they rock.

Doesn’t he also have kids to pay attention to? I also enjoy his podcast and his many essays he writes. I figure any happy mutant should be free to not be chained to BB or BBs all the time?

Checkout his stuff at: craphound.com

I assume BB would be more troubled if CD sold his stake to anyone else.

6 Likes

Cory digs deep into many important topics on his “newer” site Pluralistic.

9 Likes

I’m subscribed to Medium primarily to keep up with what Cory is doing.

4 Likes

Also:

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty much all the quality and values from the heyday Cory Doctorow posts here are present in either Craphound, Pluralistic, or his Locus Magazine columns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.