Cory Doctorow's new blog

For anyone interested, Cory Doctorow has a new blog up here:

https://pluralistic.net/

11 Likes

“Optimized for Netscape Navigator.”

3 Likes

Cory also has a mailing list for those posts as well, if you’d like to receive his posts as a daily newsletter:

https://pluralistic.net/plura-list

Additionally, I did a significant amount of work to ensure that setup is tracker-free, while still being modern. We also keep only 72 hours of logs for diagnostic purposes. It’s about as pro-privacy as a modern blog can be nowadays.

33 Likes

Very nice! Without ads, is there any plan to add Brave tips or something similar? Pretty sure they don’t involve tracking, and can be set up in a few minutes.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s a Cory question, but I am aware of no such plans myself.

1 Like

You and he and whoever else was involved in the design have done a really nice job.

5 Likes

By reading this website, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies (“BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.

:rofl:

5 Likes

Design is 100% Cory, I’m just responsible for the backend.

And really. you don’t want me involved in the design. Trust me. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I mean, it’d be better than having me do it, I’m sure.

2 Likes

I got this:

Maybe it’s just a sign that I should get back to work…

1 Like

Well that’s nice of your corporate IT team…

Not enough scripts and trackers there for them to feel it’s a legit site I guess?

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.