Count to ten thousand! (Part 2)

3 Likes

There is a more recent, better titled film:

Sounds like you bought into Big Lego’s corporate propaganda. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, it lacks Rachel Welch in a prehistoric bikini. The 1,000,000 BC film had a big impact on my preteen years.

Ps. You should delete that image, it throws this list out of order. I’d hate to have to start over.

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I think I figured out what’s next after we hit ten grand: we go up by a factor of ten with each image. No skipping any orders of magnitude!

I think it’s more a British English thing. I don’t think you will ever hear anyone here say Legos. USAnians seem to say it all the time. It is so ingrained it is like hearing someone say ‘sheeps’ - one knee-jerkingly corrects them without thinking. ‘Legos’ is the same - it just sounds completely wrong.

And what is 'a ‘Lego’? They are Lego bricks or Lego pieces. Adjectival. If you show me a box of Lego and ask me ‘how many Legos are in there?’ the question does not parse. There is only one Lego. The question should be ‘how much Lego is in there’, or ‘how many Lego pieces are there?’

Oh, and sausages. From Hungary I think.

And weirdly the same page contains this bizarre image.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 22.20.25

8 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes
8 Likes

6 Likes

Well we seem to be on a ‘flight’ kick for the past three numbers, so I thought I’d add to it.

6 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Continuing the sailing theme.

5 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes