Count to ten thousand! (Part 2)

Geez, finding the number 8103 on the Terra-Gator was like playing Where’s Waldo.

4 Likes

How’s this? :grin:

(EDIT: Sorry, this one is a parallel view stereogram, you have to uncross your eyes to see it right. If you cross your eyes, it’ll look inverted, like the numbers are punched into the image)

5 Likes

What is it? I see no number. You’ll have to explain.

it’s a “magic eye” stereogram. if you can look past it and allow the elements of the image to merge in your mind you will see the numbers 8105 floating over the background other examples here–

2 Likes

I have never managed to get one of those to work on a screen. I did just about manage it with a couple of very large printed poster versions once where I could stand at a distance to be able to focus appropriately.

5 Likes

Helps to cross your eyes a little and as soon as there’s anything there that looks remotely 3D, focus on it and the rest of the image usually appears. Moving your head side to side while doing that can help, too (getting depth from motion, more-or-less).

Yes, I know how. Just doesn’t work for me on a screen as well as in real life.

2 Likes

Might be an eye-separation-distance thing, have you tried scaling it up or down? I’ve run into ones that would require your eyes to point outward rather than cross at the wrong size.

1 Like

OK - with the screen far too close to my face, I got it. But what I got was 281092 - if that 9 was supposed to be a 5, it was not too well designed.

3 Likes

You crossed your eyes too far :slight_smile: , but yes, I used a web generator and the effect doesn’t work too well. When it works for me, I see roughly a one-tile-wide shift between images.

EDIT: Oof, my bad. For this one you have to uncross your eyes (Parallel view, apparently). I dislike this type as it’s much harder to get to work (for me, at least). I just assumed it was supposed to look punched-in… :flushed:

1 Like

Well here’s 8106 - with an 8105 just to be sure

7 Likes

4 Likes

Count me with the group that can’t see stereograms very well. If I put my nose on it and back away, I can see the numbers, but never saw the 5.

4 Likes

it looks like a 5 to me. i’ve never had any trouble seeing them.

i have never been able to register the ones that require eye-crossing.

3 Likes

The first 10 pages of images were Nokia 8110s. Ten effing pages!

I gave in.

5 Likes
5 Likes

8112 brought up 3M N95 masks. I’ve seen enough of them for a while.

6 Likes

B,c

Needs more characters

More info on this model at

7 Likes

6 Likes