Counterfeiter caught after he tossed test prints in his trash

In contrast, anyone who has tried putting any major currency on a color cannon copier or output any bill image from a color cannon printer in the last decade, will have hit the the digital anti-counterfit measures built into most digital modern equipment. it catches even bills used in parts of other images, making legitimately processing images containing images of money within the new challenge for actual legitimate printers doing ad work.

I think in most transactions people aren’t paying enough attention to catch something “close enough”. especially with the usa’s antiquated linen/paper money. if we switched to the polymer material that a lot of other countries have switched to we’d save a lot of money and make it a lot more difficult to copy our bills. canadian bills rock.

3 Likes

Even so, there are occasional runs of Canadian counterfeits, where small stores won’t take $100 bills and scan $50s. (That might be an excuse if they’re keeping a low float due to robberies.)

A counterfeit only has to be good enough to pass if someone isn’t paying attention.

1 Like

i hear the fake bills don’t taste like maple syrup! :money_mouth_face: hee hee (finally a use for that emoji)

2 Likes

There was an Italian movie made in 1956 about it.

2 Likes

That’s how we test them.

Pro tip: after handling Canadian bills, use hand sanitizer.

1 Like

Ah, but I was there 20 years ago, and we were looking at just this.

1 Like

He brought this on himself, though, so maybe the Charles I of Crime?

1 Like

Yeah - I actually got one back in change once (at a bar) that was black and white dot matrix printed, colored with crayon.
And then spent it again at the same place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.