Couple plans wedding at a mansion they assumed was vacant, but the owner was home and called the cops

Originally published at: Couple plans wedding at a mansion they assumed was vacant, but the owner was home and called the cops | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Finkel better be on guard in case they come back later for a gender reveal party.

40 Likes

The entitled royal gentleman and gentlewoman did something uncool, but if you think I’m gonna take the side of the ludicrous mansion owner, you’ve got another thing coming.

15 Likes

Doesn’t look like they took the time to write a good wedding invitation either. It inexplicably lists the street address twice, and says “We are exited to celebrate our wedding night with you” which may be technically true but could be phrased better. Also some minor capitalization and punctuation issues. Though I suppose that those pale in comparison to the other errors the wedding planners made here.

13 Likes

“God’s plan”

His plan may also include an all expenses paid trip to prison.

10 Likes

To be fair, though, there’s plenty of room in that house.

6 Likes

Hard to know who to like less: the kind of person who lives in a house like this, or the people who think God wants them to lie about living in a house like this.

16 Likes

Moving on to someone else’s property and claiming it as your own: sounds pretty royal to me.

28 Likes

It was probably Dog’s plan that they skip out on paying the bill for the invitations (which they used anyway) because of the typos.

4 Likes

no, see. it makes perfect sense. the first line uses “rd” and the second line explains that “rd” means “road”. :wink:

( and i guess when they said “sit where you feel comfortable” they meant “stay home in your pjs.” )

6 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

13 Likes

“It’s a b… it’s… it’s a total loss!”

2 Likes

LOL. The gall of some people. This delusional self importance. o_0

4 Likes

Florida

2 Likes

“God’s message” + Florida is a combination that never ends well.

13 Likes

Years ago I used to own (and live in) a small 3-bedroom house in Phoenix. One Saturday morning I happened to hear a very loud voice coming from the direction of my front porch. I looked outside and saw a guy pacing around in my front yard, talking on the phone, and casually peering in the windows. I went out and asked him as politely as possible if there was anything I could help him with. He said, “Oh, I thought no one lived here.” As if (a) the car plainly visible in the driveway wasn’t some kind of indication of someone home, and (b) it was somehow okay to trespass on any residential property you thought was unoccupied.

Sometimes it’s difficult to know whether people are idiots, sociopaths, or some horrific combination of the two.

15 Likes

The ludicrous mansion inheritor is missing out on a lot of side-business.

Sub-contract to a good event company to hold weddings, with a solid contract including penalty clauses for damage and trespass outside of the designated area.

7 Likes

Florida Man + Florida Woman = Florida Wedding.

[ETA: we have a new phrase to add to our lexicon.]

7 Likes

… That will eventually lead to Florida Kids. Mother of god, they’re breeding. :grin: :grin: :grin:

6 Likes

I had to go back and check. At least they did spell ‘excited’ correctly. :wink:

4 Likes