Covid death toll overtakes that of HIV/AIDS in the U.S,

Originally published at: Covid death toll overtakes that of HIV/AIDS in the U.S, | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Way to go, right-wingers!

13 Likes

Sad GIF

10 Likes

Let’s go, death cult!

Let’s go, death cult!

12 Likes

Wonder Years Reaction GIF

18 Likes

Additional perspective: 14% of the total worldwide death toll. Moloch must be very happy.

10 Likes

5 million dead worldwide. These statistics suck.

11 Likes

I’ve seen a number of right-wingers compare covid to HIV, trying, ironically, to make some point about how there was an over-reaction to covid. Ignoring that the death tolls were comparing decades vs. months. Ignoring the radical differences in how they’re transmitted. Ignoring that their fellow right-wingers had spent decades arguing for - nay, demanding - that anyone with HIV be forcibly quarantined in outright prisons.

Since these are the official statistics, they are also demonstrably wrong. We know multiple governments have either “massaged” or outright lied about covid deaths in their countries, misrepresenting the toll by orders of magnitude in some cases. Countries like India simply couldn’t keep up with accurately recording deaths, and have no idea of the true numbers. This stat also doesn’t encompass people who died of treatable illnesses who were unable to get treatment because hospitals were full of covid patients (who are very much also covid fatalities). The actual death toll, direct and indirect, is probably three times the official number.

7 Likes

Hey conservative idiots who are fighting masking and basic health protocols.

I hear AIDS is “just like the flu”, and that “natural immunity is better”.

May I suggest holding HIV parties (then refusing medical treatment, and sharing your horrible juices with only other sociopathic Maggats?)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.