Crazy "Slip N Slide"-esque contraption made from clothesline and electric motor

What could go wrong?

3 Likes

To me it looks like a horse walker:

3 Likes

As a dad, I can’t wait to get on one of these things and probably fracture something!

1 Like

Yes, that design is quite common, but for some reason Australians are fanatical about the Hills Hoist. I can’t explain it. Like Vegimite.

2 Likes

Slide N Sip

As someone who used to ride horses, I concur.

1 Like

It is a Pavlovian Phar Lap thing, mate. Designed by a Kiwi, claimed by Australia.

That said, I have to admit seeing that vid made me proud as Punch of my mates. Aussie Aussie Aussie ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Umm. Australian males in a group . . . beer . . . time enough to tinker with powered machinery . . . I am just guessing, but I think there would be exactly no forks given at all. I suspect the potential of stupid danger acts as an incentive, having lived there for much of my young life. I never found them telling me to cut something out because it was too dangerous. “Go hard or go home” was the watchword.

I don’t doubt that American males would make a better designed, and higher powered watery round-about, but I can’t really see them being less cautious then a bunch of the Widebrownlands’ men.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.