Creepy clown statue anonymously delivered to sheriff's office causes concern (surveillance video)

Originally published at: Creepy clown statue anonymously delivered to sheriff's office causes concern (surveillance video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Um, returning the chick to the flock? :man_shrugging:

clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

4 Likes

not understanding how that clown is “creepy.”

unless just because he’s a clown that makes him creepy to some people, because he doesn’t look particularly creepy to me.

5 Likes

I can’t help but think the cops are gonna give the artist a hard time.

4 Likes

The news report said “the sheriffs dept was concerned and was on lockdown”. Should say scared instead of concerned.

I wonder if this sheriff is a ‘constitutional sheriff’. If so, s/he should completely be ok with the guy’s right to carry a (finger) gun.

BTW…
Redundant.

5 Likes

imma go with creepy - as in “dude’s pantaloons appear to be at its ankles” creepy.
and, yeah, some people finds clowns mildly creepy, if not full-on terrorizing!

2 Likes

“A sheriff’s office in Ohio briefly went into lockdown following the ominous delivery of a creepy clown statue”

Cops are so upset about someone implying they’re clowns, they go full clownshow in response?

I find clowns generally very creepy, but this seems a particularly un-creepy clown. But they have to say something to make it seem menacing, to explain why the cops are so upset. It’s “creepy”! It’s “ominous”! The guy who left it had “menacing mannerisms” (whatever the fuck that means)! His pointed finger is a “gun reference”!

I shudder to think of what they’ll do to the guy who left it there, if they ever find him. He insulted them, so they’re trying to frame this whole thing as if he’s a dangerous terrorist so whatever they do to him will seem justified.

1 Like

Looks creepy to me… but it’s all so subjective. I know people who find Max Fleischer cartoons to be cute, while I find many of them to be creepy (and nightmare-inducing) as fuck — and that even while admiring the animation and imagination.

Nothing in the clown’s hands. In cop-world, that’s menacing.

2 Likes

I mean all clowns are creepy, but this is relatively low on the creep scale for me. If it was in a bedroom that I had to sleep in, looking at me, then it would go up a few points on the scale, mind you…

1 Like

That reaction may apply to most people. “Brainstem” stuff. Predators in the dark, just outside your cave, staring in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.