Critter Catcher: grab and evict spiders without killing them or getting close to them

I was watching that, and I thought… you know they jump, right? And then I was all like, oh yeah now you do.

4 Likes

The glass method is the one I use, too. Often I use a sheet of paper to coerce or give a surface for it to go to.

I like spiders so I always try to rescue them before they become unwilling cat toys.

1 Like

You’re the “official” vermin killer in your household, is that it?

1 Like

Vermin relocator/wrangler…

2 Likes

Ah, catch and release; I get it.

I’ve been both wrangler and exterminator for my households; while I was growing up, and as an adult.

My personal vermin removal code goes something like this:

Benign/useful insects, birds and the occasional bat get a pass; if it’s possible to get them out alive and unharmed, that’s what I try my best to do.

If it’s roaches, silverfish, centipedes* or mice that have encroached upon my domicile, then they are “not long for this world.”

If it’s rats, then I’m fucking moving: ASAP.

*lolz

(*Caribbean life, it’s “interesting.”)

5 Likes

After nasally picking up non-insects for 1:25 minutes, she proclaims, while picking up a millipede, "… critter catcher can safely pick up all kinds of insects, including worms, daddy-long-legs… ".

Shame she mentions a few actual insets after that or it would have been a clean break.

It would have to be a very big glass indeed to fit over a huntsman.

But getting close to them is supposed to be the fun part! Isn’t that this “intimacy” humans speak of?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.