I'm confused why they're going for tablet parts when they could have go for custom PC mobo with laptop chip and avoided all of the closed source nonsense. Plus it won't be slow as balls for a $1200 "laptop". Sure it would require an actual cooling solution, but that case has acres of free space, I'm sure you could work something out.
Things I like:
- Nice display. 1080p IPS displays are hard to find in laptops.
- 2x Ethernet (but 100Mb: BOOO, probably hanging off of the USB too, which makes it even worse)
- Built-in FPGA and tweakable ports make this a fun hacker toy
- GPIO: more fun hacker toys
- SATA port, so you can put real storage on it
Things I don't like:
1. Price tag. Ouch. I mean this is just seriously expensive, there is no way around it.
2.You have to carry the keyboard separately most likely, unless you have a really small keyboard that will fit inside.
3. Tablet hardware with its slow CPU, weak GPU, proprietary binary blobs, and general hassle of getting anything working on it.
4. Only one SO-DIMM slot caps the memory you can put on this box