Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

A company headquartered in the Seychelles don’t give a fuck!

… very disruptive

1 Like

Are the workers there?

1 Like

I have no idea

1 Like

Do they sell seashells?

1 Like

NFTs of seashells

ETA: Based on this screenshot of their web page showing the incredible returns and rewards that they offer their customers, I can confidently say this is not a scam! /s

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh, well, then it’s settled.

4 Likes

… I just set up a collection of secret money funnels, and they stole the funds. Not my fault at all. No reasonable person who was in a polycule with me could possibly have foreseen this outcome. Even the most cynical of my partners was giving it another six months before anyone found out.

3 Likes

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2023-7

SEC Charges Genesis and Gemini for the Unregistered Offer and Sale of Crypto Asset Securities through the Gemini Earn Lending Program

2 Likes
2 Likes

FINALLY! A DAO put together a white paper about lessons that can be learned from the furry community regarding online trust! Learn from those who actually run the internet!

ETA: it turns out that the secret is that furries are not assholes!

8 Likes

I was only able to find this as a tweet. If anyone has an alternate source please post. It’s an update on the Bored Ape Yacht Club game. It looks even worse than imagined

7 Likes

Remember the MySpace days when users had the power to customize the appearance of their homepage and a bunch of enthusiastic users with zero design sense went nuts putting distracting wallpaper patterns and looping GIFs everywhere to the point where spending any time reading through the content was a nauseating experience?

That’s what the Crypto House reminds me of.

3 Likes

The Secret Council has spoken.

5 Likes

The Guardian: What’s the true value of crypto? It lays bare the lies of libertarians.

6 Likes

Peter Thiel … concluded that AI is communist and crypto is libertarian

I’d have said the opposite. A brilliant AI working reliably for me, especially one voiced by Scarlett Johansson, could vastly increase my sense of personal freedom. Crypto currency, on the other hand, as a tool of government is a totalitarian fantasy, where my every transaction is permanently recorded for their perusal, and every transaction not recorded an automatic crime.

I’ve not met him personally, but one might be led to think that Mr. Thiel is either not that bright, or being disingenuous. :thinking:

we will discover that libertarianism is bullshit

Yes, along with Communism; both IMHO equally the reductio ad absurdum of :fr: Revolution era math applied with delusional enthusiasm to economics.

5 Likes

have always been governed by rules, which – since the first time a snake-eyed trader tried to cut flour with chalk

Or the first time someone took the flour without paying.

5 Likes
5 Likes