5 Likes

Total word salad
God, these are the stupidest people alive

8 Likes

Blue-chimp…

4 Likes

Or

?

Ordinals are means of creating Bitcoin NFTs by attaching data such as images, videos, and more to an individual satoshi on the base Bitcoin blockchain. Unlike their predecessors, ordinal NFTs don’t exist on a separate layer from Bitcoin.

3 Likes

“byte-perfect ordinal inscriptions of the original Bored Apes, 100% on the Bitcoin blockchain”.

Copies. They made copies. They were on that database, then they copied them over to this database.

Like a JPG.

11 Likes

Oh I understood what they did. I’m only calling it word salad because they are saying words that have nothing to do with what they are talking about. Just spouting garbage and pretending like it’s bizness

8 Likes

who is paying actual moneys for this :confused:

5 Likes

Actual monkeys, please.

It’s apeshit is what it is.

4 Likes

There is also the term ordinal data, meaning any data that has a natural sort order. Which you can now do with these because they have IDs, you know, being part of the database. So it’s not quite word salad but it is definitely hoping an abstract term will hide how very little is being said.

4 Likes

No, no, it’s basically like a software-based virtual turbo encabulator with added cheese analogue.

5 Likes

1 Like

It’s just enough impenetrable, technobabble, jargon laden obfustication to make us preface our original thought “the most stupid fucking shit I have ever heard in my entire life” with “am I missing something or is this?”

So when they told us a copy was worthless despite being exactly the same image, now they are telling us a copy is valuable because it is exactly the same thing. Oh and because they hope it will hold the Ponzi scheme up for a bit after it is due to collapse.

9 Likes

In much the same way a Tesla can operate as a boat: briefly!

6 Likes

Oh yeah, not trying to contradict you! Just pointing out some of the choice absurdity.

2 Likes

If I’m understanding this right, this means something like, “We etch the URL of each jpg onto a quarter. Whoever owns one of those particular quarters gets to pretend they own the image that the URL etched on it points to.”

6 Likes

So - it’s a pet rock?

6 Likes

Not even that useful. You can use a pet rock as slingshot ammo or build a wall if you have enough of them. These are pet bits.

6 Likes

Digital receipt for a pet rock that you don’t own on a .txt document.

4 Likes

Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

6 Likes