Cutting water with scissors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/22/cutting-water-with-scissors.html

3 Likes

The water in sink reflection remains throughout after a mask or video B is placed over the water flow?

Water is not a glue stick?

I’m thirsty.

5 Likes

Roger That!

2 Likes

Excellent use of audio to enhance the effect.

2 Likes

Water droplets on the sink in the lower right disappear when the editorial cut happens.

6 Likes

At the very beginning there are jelly pieces in the sink, leftover from the previous run?

1 Like

And the stream gets much wider when cut.

1 Like

Man, and I thought I had hard water where I live.

10 Likes

The sound of water from the faucet continues after the stream has been “cut” and no more water is reaching the sink.

1 Like

There’s a continuity error in the lower right. There’s something in the bottom of the sink that disappears as soon as the water is “cut.”

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is considered hard water or soft water.
Seems like both.

1 Like

It is the reflection in the sink wall. The reflection shows water still pouring down, even after the cut.

1 Like

I’m just thinking about if this is workable with entirely practical effects. If you could affix the jelly “stream” with a little room to run some water over it, I wonder if you could turn off the water a second before cutting it and have it work the same way.

2 Likes

Its hard to show with still images but if you focus on the highlighted area as he cuts you can see the mask change, or the lighting or something.

1 Like

That’s my guess as well. If we win you can have the half of the cyber-Oreo with the cream.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.