Cybertruck owners must agree not to sell it within a year

Hint: Don’t buy any vehicle that can be remotely deactivated.
What are people thinking? Why do they put up with this contemptible bullshit and make it feasible for companies to keep doing it?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t forget the part where the signer is referred to as ‘graciously enfeoffed by the Emperor of Mars’; and incurs a hereditary obligation to him and his house.

5 Likes

thank you for my “word of the day” lesson. TIL

4 Likes

It couldn’t be phrased as “You’'ll buy nothing and be happy”, because that would be upsetting to the Judge Smails types who control the WEF.

2 Likes

… and thus we get into the reasons for the existence of the “dealership” system, which Musk seems to think he’s exempt from :thinking:

FSD explicitly states the human driver is in control and responsible for all actions of the car, and the human driver needs to remain aware of all driving conditions at all times and be ready to receive control of the car any time FSD surrenders it, or indeed to override FSD’s judgment and take control if need be.

Which is fine because FSD isn’t “full” it is level 4 or (or 3, but not 5). The current FSD requires you keep a little pressure on the wheel, and it uses a camera to make sure you aren’t using anything that looks like a cell phone. I find all of that reasonable except the use of the term “full” to describe something that is “imperfect, untrustable without direct and constant supervision, although really impressive”

I doubt it would sell as well if they named it “idiot teenage self driving”…

1 Like
2 Likes

Every time I see that story it reminds me of an old Loony Tunes cartoon where Bugs and Yosemite Sam activate the autopilot on a doomed plane only for the device to immediately grab a parachute and bail to safety.

Hare-Lift-Robot-600

9 Likes

So it’s the Joo-Jantra peril-sensitive full self drive. When the car’s cameras detect you’re about to accelerate into a dangerous area it closes your windows, pulls the shades and locks the doors.

6 Likes

Tesla Cybertruck no-resale clause vanishes faster than a Model S in Ludicrous Mode

Tesla’s threats to sue Cybertruck buyers who resell their vehicles appear to be nothing but hot air, with the language removed from the Musk-owned automaker’s terms and conditions just days after it appeared.

As we reported on Monday, Tesla’s Motor Vehicle Order Agreement terms and conditions [PDF] were updated to add a section that specified Cybertruck buyers had to hang on to their vehicles for a year before trying to resell.

A new version [PDF] spotted yesterday is identical save for the Cybertruck language; luckily for El Reg readers, we snagged a copy of the old terms [PDF] in case this exact thing happened.

[…]

5 Likes

That reminds me of a friend’s family who adopted one of those couch-sized dogs (some form of mastiff) and it was from a breeder so they had to sign a thing saying they would show the dog as promotion for for three years or else the breeder could legally take it back.

My reaction was, “it’s a fucking dog, not an advertisement!”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.