Cybertruck to be officially delivered today

Originally published at: Cybertruck to be officially delivered today | Boing Boing

10 Likes

32 Likes

Lies No GIF

25 Likes

The Henry Kissinger Edition!

It can’t be a coincidence.

15 Likes

Has Elon gone into labor?

8 Likes

Well Elon has already had an exploding rocket and a very public meltdown over Twitter this week so I guess he might as well go for a trifecta.

16 Likes

The Director of Logan’s Run called. He wants his prop back.

17 Likes

amounts to a bored adolescent’s sketch of a totally cool low poly technical

No self-respecting warlord would mount a .50 caliber MG on the back of this creaky toy. They’re all waiting for Toyota to unveil an electric, solar-charging Hilux, which I guarantee will be more durable and tightly fitted and reliable than this rich boy’s fantasy.

24 Likes

“Cybertruck to be officially delivered today…on the back of a tow truck.”

21 Likes

You see, Timmy, when a Pontiac Aztek and a DeLorean love each other very much…

34 Likes

All hail the mighty Toyota Pickup! The most badass vehicle you can get from a local dealer on a reasonable budget.

13 Likes

Nah, I think he is kind of handicapped in any way relating to work.

13 Likes

@vermes82

14 Likes

No, he’s strongly anti-labor. :drum:

20 Likes

I suspect that Toyota will have an off-the-books, totally deniable factory churning out a special “Mogadishu” module for that baby. This is late-stage capitalism, so they’re not going to leave that proxy-war money on the table.

I’ll bet Tesla-style screens are conspicuously absent in what will be an actual working person’s pickup. Knobs and dials that can be replaced with bottlecaps and cardboard are the better way to go.

9 Likes

I still can’t get over the stupid pine wood derby design aesthetic of that thing.

It hurts my head.

16 Likes

Yeah. I remember someone from a sub-Saharan government explaining to me the frustration with European “aid”: they wanted to send Peugeots or whatever and they wanted no substitute for Hiluxes.

8 Likes

They leave that to third parties.

The JANKEL FOX Fleet is Built to Give You Complete Operational Flexibility Which is Why Jankel Utilises Two Class-leading Off-road Base Platforms Across the Range:

Toyota Land Cruiser 79 Series (FOX-r variant)
Toyota Hilux (FOX-x variant)

8 Likes

The design isn’t even particularly original, despite what the “boy-genius” thinks. It’s like a clunkier version of 70’s concept cars.

27 Likes

The cybertruck looks like that and an El Camino had a baby.

9 Likes