8 Likes

Still waiting for this version.

23 Likes

Cybertruck to be officially delivered today

And recalled tomorrow.

10 Likes

The Paperboy 2000?

11 Likes

It’s still a fake vehicle from an early '80s post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie, down to the name. (Pretty sure
Jared-Syn was driving one of these.) I’m fully expecting that’ll still be the only context for the “truck,” moving forward.

9 Likes

“Safety experts were baffled as to how the cupholders burst into flames and engulfed the entire vehicle”

16 Likes

Bingo. The Paperboy 2000 is actually the truck from the film “Damnation Alley” (I bet you knew that, along with most folks here.) :+1:t3:

I always wondered if Chris Elliot specifically wanted that truck for the show and knew where it was housed in Hollywood through his show-biz connections.

15 Likes

I was thinking it was a prop for Space: 1999, but Logan’s Run works too.

7 Likes

Oh my god, me too. Was one of my favorite movies in the Seventies. Nearly unwatchable now, except for this magnificent machine.

8 Likes

RQ Riley was selling plans for electric cars with exactly this aesthetic in the 70s as well. I devoured their catalog when I was a kid.

18 Likes

It shows up flat-packed as a bunch of sheet metal and a glue gun.

16 Likes

Musk’s looks worse. It was maybe a “totally cool” aesthetic when it was how video game cars looked. But none of the video games – whether realistic, futuristic, or purely whimsical – have stuck with it now that they have any other options, have they?

It’s the physical manifestation a dumb man trying to relive his exact childhood because he has never grown since. It won’t work because it never works. People who miss that period can get some second taste of it through their own children and grandchildren, but Elon is too stunted to care about them. It’d be sad if he wasn’t so contemptible.

12 Likes

This is the only recent one that comes to mind, and it’s still more detailed.

9 Likes

Pinewood derby where the Cub Scout’s parents didn’t help.

12 Likes

I imagine it’ll be a lot of fun to drive

How do you figure? You can’t see out of the thing, and it’s a big stupid truck. Not to mention the inevitable Tesla issues (car fall apart, long line to fix, CEO is a sociopath). No thanks.

9 Likes

“Oh, the humanity!”

3 Likes

For what little it’s worth, I do love odd shaped cars (Nissan Cube, Plymouth Prowler, etc) and wish that respectable manufacturers took more chances with their production models.

But, Fuck Lone Skum and his brohicles forever.

6 Likes

You forgot to mention, like the Hilux, not available in the US, which only gets gas guzzlers the size of Texas for pickups.

6 Likes

I don’t know how he expects to compete with Ford’s electric F-150 in the U.S., which has the size and appearance so beloved by coal-rolling yahoos.

11 Likes

exactly GIF

My car looked very much like this.

9 Likes