Cyclist enrages driver by blocking him from driving on wrong side of the road

I live in Tijuana, where cutting across parking lots or literally blowing red lights (even to the count of two Mississippi) is an extremely common occurrence.

I’m pretty sure somewhere in the beginning, enough people thought, “What’s the big deal?”

ETA: And if you’re thinking “What’s the big deal?” right now, here’s a hint. You’re most definitely doing it wrong.

9 Likes

To be fair, wearing a helmet is the law in BC. The 15 minute lecture is so drivers become aware of police enforcement of traffic activity; the lecture is a freebie.

Happens in the specially signed entrance to my neighborhood all the time. I believe it’s a $195 fine when the police catch you driving around the sign - and they do on a frequent basis.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not denying that I was in the wrong. I knew it was the law, I rode anyway. (To make my excuses, my helmet had been stolen the day before from the Main Street skytrain station bike locker, but still). I just meant that I knew how much VPD loves a good lecture. But I didn’t get a ticket, so I guess the lecture was preferable.

4 Likes

In the USA, they’ll pin a medal on you for running over a cyclist.

4 Likes

I was amused when the policeman appeared to take the car driver back off camera and show him the keep left sign that he ignored. I like to imagine him saying “Do you think this is decorative? Perhaps somebody thought a little blue sign with an arrow on it would look nice here? No? That is what WE call a traffic control device.”

Edited to add. I will point out that in fairness to autodrivers, you see a bicyclist doing EXACTLY the same thing shortly after the car driver has pulled into the oncomming lane. Unsafe comes in many sizes.

7 Likes

"Cyclist enrages driver by. . . " doing just about anything these days.

6 Likes

My absolute favorite part of any “British person is angry about x” video is the inevitable “YOU TWAT.”

7 Likes

In the other video that @knoxblox linked to as well. And the guy doesn’t say a word to him, much less try to block him.

2 Likes

Lol. The easiest way to get away with murder in the US is to hit someone on a bike.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the easiest way to get away with murder is to be a cop…

10 Likes

Okay, fair point, the easiest way for a non-uniformed civilian, then.

3 Likes

Even then, be white, and shoot a black person…

6 Likes

In theory that is the sentence in the US, but in practice a car is the perfect murder weapon in this country because you will almost never face meaningful reprecussions and if it involves a cyclist that becomes even more true.

2 Likes

BMWs, Mercedes and Audis. Lately I’ve noticed Vauxhall drivers getting a little arrogant.

1 Like

I’d almost be willing to bet that the statistics are similar.

1 Like

I doubt it, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

FTFY! :laughing:

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder how many he’s turned back. I support his actions entirely. Queue-jumpers going the wrong way or cutting through traffic on the shoulder are a menace endangering everyone including themselves and their passengers for their own convenience. Moreover, I wouldn’t want to see those doctors because that mentality is not something one wants in healthcare providers.

8 Likes

Aspirational homicide.

4 Likes