Da Musicz

Another end of “A Long December” :cold_face:

…followed by the “Same Old Lang Syne.” :confetti_ball: :fireworks:

5 Likes

Speaking of December… this track is excellent, if very sad… typical of Jurado, though…

3 Likes

RIP Anita Pointer.

7 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

I loved that track when I was a young child - 'cos spaceships.

3 Likes

They should update that video with the current high resolution images we’ve been getting!

4 Likes

And the doors are where the windows should be!
And the windows are where the doors should be!
And the doors are where the windows should be!
And the windows are where the doors should be!
Oh it’s all so confusing!

3 Likes

I Wish that my Room had a Floor!
I don’t so Much Care for a Door,
But this Crawling Around
Without Touching the Ground
Is Getting to be Quite a Bore!

• Gelett Burgess
4 Likes

My animus can stand up all on its own.

Been listening to tracks from Iggy’s recent release via the tube of you. None are “typical” Iggy. The first track we heard sounded like a wonderful early 90s alternative sundae made with elements of Felt (from Birmingham, UK), Ride, The Ocean Blue…

Th’ above made me think of Tones on Tail, esp the guitar.

After hearing a little of this, my brain’s music section manager began rapidly combing the files. “No, not Siouxsie. Not Felt, don’t be absurd. No, not one of those great old songs you miss & whose name & artiste you’ve entirely forgot.” Then she put on Tones on Tail: first a snippet of You, the Night, and the Music, next a snippet of Rain. A tiny thing about the melody, but esp the guitar’s tone started all those mental gymnastics.

She’s currently smiling around her cup of tea, and has her feet up on her desk. A job well done.

She let me do this one on my own:

I’m now listening to

and after less than 55 sec in, I LOL’d.

This is why I LOL’d:

I know what yr thinkin’ and can’t blame you one iota, but give it a chance. It’s not what you’d expect. I’m not posting it in crap musicz.

6 Likes
2 Likes

RIP to electronic music avant-gardist and teacher Michael Czajkowski.

This led me to discover Buffy Sainte-Marie’s quite interesting album Illuminations.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Boy George:

Fred always reminded me of Dr Zachary Smith from Lost in Space.

:laughing: Spot on!

David Byrne:

We in Talking Heads became friends with the B-52’s early on. I remember they told us: “You have to see this other band from Athens playing at Danceteria – they’re called REM.” The Athens, Georgia bands were all very supportive of one another, it seemed to me.

That was my biggest takeaway from Grace Hale’s book on Athens. Sounded like a pretty magical scene, for awhile.

Susanna Hoffs:

Then of course when John Lennon said that they’d inspired him to return to music [which resulted in Double Fantasy] that mattered a lot to me too – a Beatle noticing this very cool band.

Wow…

Terri Nunn:

It’s always a bigger risk to blaze a new trail musically, but if you do it and succeed, like the B-52’s have, you’re irreplaceable.

Right said!

11 Likes

New Everything But the Girl? Yes please!

Also… some Hanatarash…

Far less melodic! Also, the interview sections aren’t translated from Japanese…

Paging @navarro!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Obligatory…

4 Likes

“It MEANS something! People should KNOW this!” :rofl:

5 Likes