Crap Musicz

I figure we need a thread that highlights the music we dislike but still can’t get out of our heads. Let’s kick it off with The Shaggs and their album Philosophy of the World. The one that’s stuck in my head right now is Halloween.

12 Likes

Please don’t post Jingle Bells by the Singing Dogs until Thanksgiving, ok? /s

1 Like

This album is painful to listen to. So bad it’s looped back around to be actually bad. It’s like AI’s first attempt at music.

Edit: after reading about the band’s history maybe I’m being too harsh.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of Gabber but maybe I go to far calling it crap

1 Like

Ok then, take that!

10 Likes

That “Motormouth in the Morning” sketch on the new Kids in the Hall was maddening. Why not play the B side?

3 Likes

I hereby nominate the entire creative output of Gilbert O’Sullivan. No links, you can already hear him in your head anyways. You’re welcome.

4 Likes

I’m sure some of you remember this turd:

7 Likes

Well, here we are.

8 Likes

The WORST SONG of all time is the B-side to Seasons in the Sun, by Terry Jacks. The B-side was,
“Put the Bone In.”

It is the ballad of a girl that is sad because she asked the butcher to put the bone in her meat order out of habit, without remembering that her doggie has shuffled off its mortal coil.

What? You thought “Put the Bone in” referred to something else? Tsk, tsk.

4 Likes
3 Likes

No no no the worst song of all time is “We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel.

Ha ha just kidding!

Actually it’s “Movin’ Out”

No wait, “Scenes from an Italian Restaurant”!

Oh! “She’s Always a Woman”! Ummm, “It’s Still
Rock n Roll to Me”! “Just the Way You Are”!! “Only the Good Die Young”!!!

Excuse me, I’ve made myself sick…

8 Likes

Exactly right!!

Also exactly right!!

3 Likes

Interestingly at the very end you can hear the refrain from “Snooker Loopy” playing, which is amother terrible song.

4 Likes

I think it’s a little unfair to include The Chicken Song on a list of terrible songs because it was an attempt to satirise the British public’s habit of turning crap novelty records into hits by releasing a deliberately terrible catchy novelty record whose lyrics condemned the existence of said songs.

Naturally the public proceeded to send it to #1 in the charts.

7 Likes

seth meyers what GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

6 Likes

Why didn’t I think of this one sooner?

5 Likes

Das ist nicht ausgezeichnet.

3 Likes

I couldnt remember the name of it. Ah well.

7 Likes

Ten weeks on the Billboard top 10 in 1976. For reasons.

8 Likes