Is this the worst song ever?

Originally published at: Is this the worst song ever? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

This is a truly hideous mashup. I could only bear to listen to a minute or so, but there are some real gems like this one in there.

“Ramadan, Ramadan. Lots of playing… WITH NO BREAKFAST!”

5 Likes

I’ve heard worse.

13 Likes

this is better than katy perry, lynyrd skynyrd, or stephen sondheim

4 Likes

Kind of hoping John Waters will direct the film. 10/10, would watch.

7 Likes

I got a fever… :smirk:

6 Likes

Indeed. I still liked it better than Blood on the Dance Floor.

3 Likes

Love it.
Could chop this up in so many ways and use it as a soundtrack in some gonzo comedy western

7 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

Worst song ever? Anything by Phish or Weezer.

2 Likes

I am reminded of:

I am not seeing the “worst ever” thing at all. I’ve seen worse win eurovision.

3 Likes

If you were to attend a festival in the noise music genre you’d find a lot of stuff that’s as jarring as the bagpipe-screaming mashup. And the “so-bad-it’s-good” scene of private pressings has several contenders for most unbearable song, too many to list, and yet people seek these out and cherish them, reissue them even.

3 Likes

I don’t really consider it the worst, i’ve heard some real awful stuff. May i nominate the infamous IceJJFish?

2 Likes

There sure is a lot of this track.

Soprano cowboy rap is right on the edge of becoming the next big thing, though. When it’s initially introduced, before they start mashing it up with the Ursonate, it works. It works really well. It’s fucking hilarious.

5 Likes

Even saying “this is the worst song ever” is going to make people like it more.

“NO WAY is this the worst song ever!!!”

and they will look for things they like about it. Just like if you tell someone “this is the best song ever” their first impulse is going to be

“NO WAY is this the best song ever!!!”

and look for flaws in it

2 Likes

I note a conspicuous lack of bassoon, without which, citing no less an authority on such things than Professor Peter Schickele himself, of the Department of Musical Pathology at the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople, this song is not as bad as it could be.

10 Likes

While this is not the best musical score ever, there is a whole lot of orchestrational egregious-osity committed here (one could even leave off the clip-clop-clip-clop…) That is, play Beethoven’s ninth with mis-tuned kazoos and garbage-can-lids and you’ll be challenged to discover the transcendent wonder of it.

3 Likes

Had it only been about five minutes long, it would have been prime Dr Demento material.

I had never seen a band get boo’d untill I saw weeded at Coachella. That’s all the information I needed.