What is the worst Christmas song?

[Permalink]

Paul McCartney wrote the world’s worst Christmas song.

16 Likes

Chingity ching HEE HAW HEE HAW.

At least twice.

4 Likes

NSFW - May be extremely offensive

10 Likes

There are worse songs, technically, but “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” is the most commonly played Christmas song that I just can’t stand. It’s so generic, it feels like it was created by a committee. The Williams recording is polished to a sheen, but it’s an empty song.

5 Likes

we all know it involves a grandma and reindeer.

6 Likes

Incorrect. “Wonderful Christmas Time” is the worst, although any Christmas song ranking is like trying to decide which was the worst genocide.

15 Likes

The Little Drummer Boy can take his drum and stick it up his parum pum pum pum.

15 Likes

Easy question: it’s the one about a really creepy stalker.

2 Likes

I came up with this about 5 years ago, when an interminable project coincided with the Yuletide season:

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Oh, the client is yellin’
The whole project’s smellin’
And I need a b-e-e-e-e-e-r!
It’s the most wonderful time of the y-e-e-e-e-ar

It’s the hap, happiest season of all!
I’d prefer a good beating
To another meeting.
Not one more conference c-a-a-a–ll!
It’s the hap, happiest season of all…

6 Likes

Dominic the Christmas Donkey - somebody clearly wanted some of that sweet, sweet Rudolph money.

4 Likes

The real problem is quality control. They will play any song. If they were good songs, you might even want to hear them other times of the year. Rudolph, right? So catchy and memorable little kids sing it all year. White Christmas, great song, fine. But, Sir Paul, yeesh dude. And Holly Jolly Christmas, kill it once for me.

1 Like

Sushi Christmas by 8 Foot Man Child

1 Like

My daughter and I have, lo, these many years, sung a little ditty that goes ‘It’s beginning to smell a lot like piss-pants. Eeeeeeverywheeerrre you goooooo’.
Me do good dadding, for sure.

10 Likes

Anything American.

1 Like

This year, we heard Wham’s Last Christmas on the radio, and my 10 year old daughter said, “hey! someone remade Taylor Swift’s Christmas song!”

*sigh *

2 Likes

John Lennon and Yoko Ono, “Happy Xmas (War is Over)” AKA “So this is Christmas”. Overwhelming Lennonite earnestness, overplayed to the point of torture, and out-of-tune caterwauling children + Yoko. Blasphemy to some who worship at the Church of St. John the Beatle, I’m sure, but if this and McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime” were to retroactively vanish from the world I would be a happier person.

7 Likes

I don’t think there is a single worst Christmas song, but if I have to pick just one…

3 Likes