The Little Drummer Boy Challenge

Originally published at: The Little Drummer Boy Challenge | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I made it to yesterday before failing the implicit “Wham! Last Christmas” challenge. A record for me, but I had to go out.

17 Likes

Or one can just opt out now:

5 Likes

For me, it’s that Paul McCartney Wonderful Christmas Time… I was listening to Fresh Air on Wednesday while making cookies, and she had Questlove on with a Xmas music list… and he apparently loves that song, so they played it! :roll_eyes: I’m not a fan…

13 Likes

21 Likes

The drum machine on that is a crime against humanity. Almost as nauseating as the piano sound in John Lennon’s Imagine. Shudders.

7 Likes

You are not helping…

5 Likes

Last Christmas has a drum machine? I’ve never listened long enough to notice. :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

I was winning until BB posted the Grace Jones Pee Wee’s Playhouse appearance.

5 Likes

Whamaggedon is still a threat tho!

10 Likes

Yup; I got sent to Whamhalla about two weeks ago while I was doing my normal shopping; didn’t even make it in the store, it was being played in the parking lot.

7 Likes

Or this rocksteady version:

6 Likes

Linking to Grace Jones is always helping. Always.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Last December one of the DJs on UK’s Planet Rock played just the opening few bars to mess with everyone.

Have to respect evil like that.

8 Likes

It’s a tie for me between Last Christmas and Wonderful Christmastime. I hate them equally.

6 Likes

I actually do not mind Last Christmas, honestly! But apparently even Paul McCartney hates Wonderful Christmastime! But I guess at least Questlove likes it!

Cheers Drinking GIF by Drunk History

7 Likes

So, instead of a Rick Roll, I assume we’d call that a Drum Roll?

10 Likes

It could have been worse.

6 Likes

No Thank You Reaction GIF

6 Likes