The Little Drummer Boy Challenge

But isn’t mistletoe pois… never mind.

3 Likes

Pfffft! A few bars? Lindstrom did 40 minutes of it.

Can’t do the right o on my phone.

4 Likes

You’re good, I’m still not going to listen to it :wink:

6 Likes

I am! It has the great advantage that the drums are soooooooooo much better than Wham’s!

4 Likes

Why not both?

4 Likes

People who do not like Wonderful Christmas Time often do like this very different version.

2 Likes

Darn - great minds, etc. Came to make the same wisecrack.

But “Drum Roll” should have been a live link to one or other of them for maximum evil. :wink:

(Hmm - “why not both” gif?)

2 Likes

“Grace Jones performed the song in a bifurcated bodice in a way that made the whole thing seem as if it were an anthem of sexual perversion,” said a co-creator of the LDB Game who wishes to remain anonymous. “‘She’s right,’ we agreed. ‘It’s the worst of them, ever’.”

… they say that like it’s a bad thing :confused:

7 Likes

Perfect.

1 Like

A sweet song about humility and grace is considered the worst holiday song of all time.

That just about sums up the shitshow we’re going through.

1 Like

Yeah. Really. I’m an 52 year old atheist but I love this song, the David Bowie Bing Crosby version AND the Rankin Bass animation. Whamageddeon. Now that’s a game. I was out on like December 3rd but still. Good game.

7 Likes

The idea of “Whamageddon” breaks my heart. “Last Christmas” has really grown on me the last few years. I look forward to its coming on in my holiday music rotation. And now it’s become a shared song with my daughter. We’ve tweaked the lyrics to make it juvenile, but it’s our song now.

3 Likes

I’m going to allow it because this is actually the one acceptable version of that… song.

1 Like

Yes. This is the worst Christmas song. I HATE how it just got to join the ranks utterly undeserving - lazily and automatically and unthinkingly included… I’ve heard it befoul street-side charity carolling sessions and defile church choir concerts alike. I mean, coming right after Silent Night levels of defilement.
It is total fucking shit. If The Phantom Menace was a Christmas song, it would be better than “Mistletoe and Wine”.
Anyway…
Happy Christmas to all boingers :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.