Da Musicz

What’s funny is that being someone who is ever so slightly into the next generation, I don’t remember this as a “girl band” or anything like that. I remember her as a punk rocker who shredded, and who The Establishment didn’t like, so we did.

4 Likes

Sympathy for when you’re 84.

2 Likes

But…do we still need them? Should we still feed them?

(I mean, obviously, excepting Ringo, who is the best of them all. Fight me)

2 Likes

They never were a “girl band” (not that there is anything wrong with that)… The Runaways absolutely shredded! They just weren’t nearly appreciated for what they were. I’m glad that Jett was able to carve an independent career for herself…

2 Likes

Germano Mathias, 1934-2023. Brazilian musician. Unfortunately, I only heard of him after he was dead. A friend lamented the departure of this sambista from São Paulo and I was forced to look for his music. He stayed true to the typical musical style from the city of São Paulo and didn’t adhere to any fad that usually sweeps the samba scene.

4 Likes

I agree with you.

Paul Mccartney Singing GIF by The Beatles

5 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

Reading the news reminded me of “Prince of Darkness” and “Kid Fears” by Indigo Girls:

7 Likes

Reading your post made me laugh and cry

6 Likes

I’m just glad we have music to help smooth out the rough edges of the day! :headphones: :hear_no_evil:

7 Likes

How bout Elvis and Led Zepp?

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

And more recently…

Good stuff!

[ETA] And now I’m on a Sonic Youth tear…

3 Likes

Want a bit of Boston’s “Peace of Mind,”

instead of Loverboy’s “Working for the Weekend:”

5 Likes

It’s still 2.3.23 somewhere:

4 Likes

Chaka Khan Weighs in on Rolling Stone’s Greatest Singers List: ‘They Need Hearing Aids’

1 Like

from

5 Likes

I need something cheerful and fun. Belot provides :pray:

2 Likes