Da Musicz

1 Like

Sigh…

2 Likes

Lol. Not what I was expecting.

2 Likes

@milliefink directed me here from The song that’s stuck in your head right now; I did not go through all the 2623 contributions, but I somehow doubt this has come up before. I’ll re-propose my post as is***.
Is this feel-good music? Well, for me it (sometimes) is, and certainly from an era bygone.

Not really in my head (and if you listen, you’ll understand why), but today a good friend of mine told me:
“I appreciate your ability to enjoy dissonance, with my old style musical education it’s impossible** for me”.*
So I thought of Iannis Xenakis, and advised him to try.

* it must be noted that our usual interaction is to tease and mock each other for any conceivable reason.
I have known him for 30 years, this is I think the second time he afforded me a positive remark.

** but this is not a general truth, my double bass player friend went to music school and played in a number of quite high tier orchestras, but she also likes contemporary music, including Xenakis. I have no musical education to speak of.

*** Minus a correction****

**** I might be going overboard with footnotes.

6 Likes
2 Likes

UPIC control sheet video? Xenakis? Mycenae Alpha?

Joining Welcome Home GIF

I have found that piece has rubbed people up the wrong way over the years and I have struggled to understand it.

3 Likes

That sounds like some dialed a fax machine and ran it through a toaster. Yikes!

2 Likes

Nbc Thats My Jam GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Seriously… I love me some weird ass noise shit.

3 Likes

Well then, here ya go!

4 Likes

Saw him quite recently (in the before times but it feeels like a year or two ago).

But seeing as we were playing photoelectric synth music, here’s Coil on the ANS.

3 Likes

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I really liked how it came together at the end… good stuff!

Baby Reaction GIF

2 Likes

[ETA]

[ETA] Gonna keep adding until someone else posts!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hey here’s a snack! :smiley:

4 Likes

Ah, Tracey Thorn.

6 Likes

Bugs, Mr. Rico. Zillions of 'em!

2 Likes

Yes please…

6 Likes

Madonna, a Bjork song, and beschizza eyes. What’s not to like?

1 Like

from

star trek wow GIF

And Sufi whirling dervishes!!!

You know, I’ve forgotten how much I like that song… Madonna at her best is really kick ass…

[ETA]

2 Likes
1 Like